There maybe be flights cancelled and delayed flights on Italian routes today due to strike action in Italy. This is Friday the 26th.
Haven't seen any cancellations today that would appear to be related to the Italian strike action.

However, flybmi has been in all sorts of difficulty with Brussels today. Yesterday there was unannounced strike action by one of the major handler's staff at BRU that led to all sorts of problems, including cancelled flights. I don't know if today's flybmi problems were the result of yesterday's actions by the handlers at BRU. The BRS website shows the following cancellations:

BM2001 to BRU at 0605 cancelled but return BM2002 due at 0925 operated*
BM2003 to BRU at 1035 and the return BM2006 at 1700 cancelled
BM2007 to BRU at 1735 cancelled but return BM2008 due at 2125 operated**

* FR24 shows it was operated by an E145 that had flown to BRU from Hanover
** FR24 shows it was operated by an E145 that had flown to BRU from Turin

Many thanks, K B.

Monday 29 October 2018

It looks as though the baggage handlers' industrial action at Brussels Airport continues.

All three flybmi BRS-BRU rotations were cancelled today. I read elsewhere that Etihad has switched its BRU flights to Dusseldorf whilst the action continues.

2 Flybmi flights cancelled today weds 31st October.
BM 2001 to Brussels
BM 1821 Frankfurt
Both cancelled as are the return flights
These are the first rotations of the day to these airports so there could be more as the day goes on.

Looking at the weather forcast on tv this morning. They are saying gale force winds and heavy rain for the next few days. They say disruption at airports, roads and trains, with the worse bad weather hitting the west side of the UK.There will no doubt some good stories and video footage showing this weather.Lets hope all will be safe and sound

A few diversions due to the weather.
Easyjet U26156 GVA-BRS diverted to BHX.
Easyjet U26266 PRG-BRS diverted to BHX.
Easyjet U2406 GLA-BRS diverted to CWL.
Easyjet U2428 EDI-BRS diverted to BHX.
Easyjet U26186 FCO-BRS diverted to BHX.
Thomas Cook MT1423 TFS-BRS diverting to BHX by the looks of it.

The bad weather caught the airfield then.The weather men say Friday was the worst for wind,but they do say lots of rain over weekend.

Did BRS lose some arrivals to BHX over the last day or so?

Two Easyjet A319,320 and one BM145, also received two Ryanair's, two Swiss 190s and a TAP 190 from Stansted and LCY.
We do well for diversions this time of year presumably due to the location of BHX plus the long runway probably helps.
Shame rhe CAT3 is messed up on runway 33

The weather forcast later this week says snow on high ground in the south west and Wales.We had a bit of snow about 2 weeks ago on the Mendip hills in Somerset,least it did not hang around.

A few diversions this morning.
U2442 08.25 arrival from Belfast International diverted to Cardiff
KL1049 08.15 arrival from Amsterdam diverted to Cardiff
FR6689 08.35 arrival from Seville diverted to Birmingham
FR8122 09.30 arrival from Malaga diverted to Birmingham
BM1822 10.35 arrival from Frankfurt diverted to Cardiff
FR1590 11.35 arrival from Cologne diverted to Birmingham
A few cancellations as well.
BM1822 10.15 arrival from Paris CDG
BM1825 11.35 departure to Frankfurt
BM1826 15.45 arrival from Frankfurt
KL1050 09.00 departure to Amsterdam
BM1885 13.35 departure to Paris CDG

Saturday 1 December 2018

Ryanair FR8217 from Poznan at 2205 is shown as cancelled on BRS website. The outbound FR8216 at 1710 is shown as 'departed'.

At the moment there is 1 BMIR flight cancelled for sunday 2nd December.
BMIR1825 dep time 12.00 operating
BMIR1826 arr time 16.05 cancelled.
This is a Frankfurt rotation.
Makes you wonder where the aircraft is going or doing from Frankfurt.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock