Advertisement

Sevenair

Carl0927

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Thread starter #1
I took this service which is a domestic PSO route in Portugal from Portimao to Cascais and back. They operate a Dornier 228 18seater aircraft twice a day, the day I arrived at Portimao
aerdrome the flight had a healthy passenger load operating nearly full. The security procedures here are conducted by the local police. Not long after the aircraft landed we were boarding and without much fuss on our way.

This airlines provides a bus stop like service the route is Portimao - Cascais - Viseu - Vila Real -Braganca which is the most northerly point.

Cascais is fairly close to Lisbon, and I believe a shuttle bus can be arranged to the capital upon request.

Cascais Airport is frequently used by executive jets, and therefore the facilities are more enhanced than Portimao.

On the return two days later, the aircraft arrived with most passengers disembarking at Cascais as a result there was only 4 passengers taking the last segment southwards. On arrival at Portimao, there looked again a reasonable passenger load awaiting the northbound schedule. This airlines obviously provides an important link across the country saving many road hours.

The duration of this flight was about 25 mins, as we didn't fly too high the views were great and the trip was one of the most pleasurable flying experience i've had in a long time. So nice to travel on a small plane with no massive security delays which you get from big airports these days.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Admin #2
I took this service which is a domestic PSO route in Portugal from Portimao to Cascais and back. They operate a Dornier 328 18seater aircraft twice a day, the day I arrived at Portimao
aerdrome the flight had a healthy passenger load operating nearly full. The security procedures here are conducted by the local police. Not long after the aircraft landed we were boarding and without much fuss on our way.

This airlines provides a bus stop like service the route is Portimao - Cascais - Viseu - Vila Real -Braganca which is the most northerly point.

Cascais is fairly close to Lisbon, and I believe a shuttle bus can be arranged to the capital upon request.

Cascais Airport is frequently used by executive jets, and therefore the facilities are more enhanced than Portimao.

On the return two days later, the aircraft arrived with most passengers disembarking at Cascais as a result there was only 4 passengers taking the last segment southwards. On arrival at Portimao, there looked again a reasonable passenger load awaiting the northbound schedule. This airlines obviously provides an important link across the country saving many road hours.

The duration of this flight was about 25 mins, as we didn't fly too high the views were great and the trip was one of the most pleasurable flying experience i've had in a long time. So nice to travel on a small plane with no massive security delays which you get from big airports these days.
I believe that Cascais is a very popular tourist destination in its picturesque location and beautiful coastline. When we were in Lisbon a few years ago we visited Estoril but our time ran out before we had time to get to Cascais. That was a pity and it might be rectified in the future.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Thread starter #3
I believe that Cascais is a very popular tourist destination in its picturesque location and beautiful coastline. When we were in Lisbon a few years ago we visited Estoril but our time ran out before we had time to get to Cascais. That was a pity and it might be rectified in the future.

Hi

It is nice and your right the coast line is very nice, with some nice restaurants overlooking the sea from the cliffs further out of town. Sintra nearby is also nice wit loads to see, but very busy.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Thread starter #4

I have posted some photos of aircraft on European Airports if you haven't seen.

thanks

Carl

Advertisement

Top Bottom