I feel guilty because, as a moderator, I have not posted any comments on here!

Anyway, I'm not certain who it was that pointed me in the direction of F4A, but I'm eternally grateful to them. I think I am correctly on 5 different site and whilst each has it's positives they also have many negatives as well. Here of F4A I was immediately made to feel welcome, even if some of my early posts may have seemed a little strange at the time.

As I understand it, the site is owned by Aviador to whom a depth of gratitude is owed. There is such a wealth and variety of threads - some of which are admittedly rather old and seemingly out of date but, if an airline or airport becomes reincarnated then we have a site that we can refer to for continuity and history.

As others have said there is very little animosity between members and the range of topics touched on is amazing - varying from aviation to astronomy, model railways, music, drinks and obituaries.

Thank you all for your contributions without which F4A would not be the site that it is.

Love F4A, most friendly forums ive ever been on, lovely people and always balanced debates.

Site is easy to use and very well made with mobile support

Forums well set out and topics very clear

Can’t really critique anything

Even just got a trophy for it being my birthday, lovely touch F4A <3
Happy Birthday!

Only those who have submitted their birthday details can receive a birthday trophy. Not everybody feels comfortable giving details such as their birthday but it's the only way we can personalise the forum.

Some of us have had so many that we don't like to be reminded of the next one.:eek:

Best wishes for the day GliderPilot. 10 August is a very good day on which to have been born. I know someone extremely well with the same birth date although probably not the same year as you.

Some of us have had so many that we don't like to be reminded of the next one.:eek:

Tell me about it, by coincidence our eldest son was 40 a couple of weeks ago and we are going out tonight for a family meal, he has suggested that as my birthday is in a few weeks time we could make it a joint celebration which is code for I can pay, so no change there then.
He's really not happy about the forty thing- he knows nothing.

By the way only one word for this forum fantastic.

Last edited:
I've just awarded you some trophy points in celebration of the big day (as you selected not to tell us when your birthday is in your profile!)

I've just awarded you some trophy points in celebration of the big day (as you selected not to tell us when your birthday is in your profile!)
Didn't I? I've never made much of my birthday for many years, although we will be going to our son's and his partner's house shortly for a barbeque or, if weather inclement, some nosh and drinks indoors. I suspect our local grown-up grandchildren might put in an appearance.

@TheLocalYokel was spot on there with his reply. I know we have some underused parts of the forum but if they're not there at all people would never even consider posting here.

The idea of this thread was to enable the forum users to help shape the way the forum evolves in the future. Just about everything that we've done has been done after people made a suggestion or request. The homepage as it is now was done to enable us to highlight new and old posts of interest to drive new users to interesting subjects within the forum they might otherwise not realise are there. It also allows us to headline news items that would otherwise disappear from the recent posts section after a couple of hours.

Xenforo 2 is now out as is Xenforo Porta 2 and over the next few months I'll be looking to move the site to the new software (with the contributions gratefully received from our subscribers.)

One of the things I'm going to try to do if I can is enable moderators to add news snippets to the homepage. It is already possible to do now but it's not set up properly. The upgraded version of Porta 2 looks like it simplifies the process so it should enable us to do it much easier. I'm conscious that I need to get as many airports covered on the hopepage as possible and I feel we don't always do this.

I'd also be interested to know if there's anything we can do to improve the media gallery. Many people still seem to prefer to use Flikr and other hosting sites for their aviation photos. Others seem to prefer to post using the attachment option in the posting page. Unfortunately though, images posted this way take up space unnecessarily. If there's something we can do here to make the media gallery more appealing we'll look at it?

Ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

Sorry Aviador, I think I might be one of the worst offenders for downloading my photos via ph-tobucket and directly onto the BHX Photo thread. And I did it last weekend, I bet your server was going overdrive with all my BHX piccies and videos. :eek::eek::eek:

So my pledge to you is in the future I am going to use the Birmingham airport section within the MEDIA section to download my photos and videos.

I must admit I totally forget about the media option on FFA tbh and its only because im flicking between FFA and SSC most of the time and I need ph-tobucket to download my photos on SSC (Brum X is a busy bee)

Barcelona page get ready there is going to be a load of photos coming your way in October.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock