Resolved Adverts problem

Advertisement

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Is anybody else having issues with adverts almost completely covering the screen?

I'm constantly seeing half page adverts giving me about 2 inches of forum available to see, on occasions I've had adverts at the top and bottom making only about a centimetre of the forum visible.

It's making things rather difficult.

Ashley.S.

Site Maintenance
Staff member
Apr 10, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
www.envesko.com
Is anybody else having issues with adverts almost completely covering the screen?

I'm constantly seeing half page adverts giving me about 2 inches of forum available to see, on occasions I've had adverts at the top and bottom making only about a centimetre of the forum visible.

Have you got any screenshots? I must confess, the mobile adverts seemed a bit overkill, but I'm hoping to work with @Aviador to build a better advertisement system ;)

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I've been having problems with the ads since the latest software update about a week ago but I wasn't aware it was doing that. What platform and browser are you using?

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
I've been having problems with the ads since the latest software update about a week ago but I wasn't aware it was doing that. What platform and browser are you using?
I did that and it solved the problem for about 5 mins or so but it's now happening again. Pretty much every page on the BHX forum is unreadable for me.

I'm on my laptop using Chrome.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I've turned the ads off for the moment so we're up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I only noticed we had a problem yesterday as full page ads were showing and when you scrolled down the ads wouldn't move. I thought I'd cleared the problem yesterday evening but then it reappeared this morning. I spent a further couple of hours trying to tweak the ads this morning and the problem seemed to clear but it's returned this evening.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Anyway folks, those that don't currently choose to upgrade to help us pay for the forum, what you see now is what you normally get with a subscription plus a few permission based extras.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I'm currently testing different advertisement coding. Please let me know if you notice anything out of the ordinary while using the forum.

Carl0927

Platinum Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire

Yes I do....makes it very.tricky

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
I've noticed more 'invasive' adverts recently but as I always use a large iMac desktop screen it's not really a problem to me. It might be on a smaller phone screen I suppose but I only connect to the Internet via my desktop so have no experience of phone screens.

Top Bottom