Will wait and see on the Belfast route as they have pulled all routes from Belfast,and that has not gone down well in Belfast.If they did uperate to Belfast then it would have to be done by the Exeter based aircraft.There is only so much 1 aircraft can do in a day unless it would operate into the over night part of the day.

Will wait and see on the Belfast route as they have pulled all routes from Belfast,and that has not gone down well in Belfast.If they did uperate to Belfast then it would have to be done by the Exeter based aircraft.There is only so much 1 aircraft can do in a day unless it would operate into the over night part of the day.
Just one minor detail - to date Ryanair have never had an aircraft based at EXT.

Never say never, but in the current financial climate I very much doubt that Ryanair or anyone else would be looking at taking over the Exeter-Belfast route.

Counting up the monthly passenger totals for EXT-BHD in 2019 gives an annual total of just under 35,000 which is in the same area as 2018's total of 36,722.

A daily Ryanair between EXT and Belfast (whether City or International) would provide over 136,000 seats. Ryanair usually looks for 90%-plus annual load factors which would mean at least 122,000 passengers.

On shorter mainly intra British Isles services (ie within the UK and the Republic of Ireland) they sometimes seem to settle for circa 75% on certain routes. 75% of 136,000 is still over 100,000. Given that Ryanair invariably attracts more passengers than someone like Flybe did and at cheaper fares would that still be enough to increase the EXT-Belfast travelling market three-fold?

Counting up the monthly passenger totals for EXT-BHD in 2019 gives an annual total of just under 35,000 which is in the same area as 2018's total of 36,722.

A daily Ryanair between EXT and Belfast (whether City or International) would provide over 136,000 seats. Ryanair usually looks for 90%-plus annual load factors which would mean at least 122,000 passengers.

On shorter mainly intra British Isles services (ie within the UK and the Republic of Ireland) they sometimes seem to settle for circa 75% on certain routes. 75% of 136,000 is still over 100,000. Given that Ryanair invariably attracts more passengers than someone like Flybe did and at cheaper fares would that still be enough to increase the EXT-Belfast travelling market three-fold?
They could do it 4 weekly like they do for Bournemouth to Dublin.

They could do it 4 weekly like they do for Bournemouth to Dublin.
They would still need pretty decent load factors.

On the LBA thread it says Ryanair pulling out of Exeter.How much truth there is in this post im not sure. Hope its not true and can find out to confirm or deny that will happen.

Last edited:
On the LBA thread it says Ryanair pulling out of Exeter.How much truth there is in this post im not sure. Hope its not true and can find out to confirm or deny that will happen.
A poster said that 'the only places not put on sale appear to be LBA, PIK, EXT and BOH - maybe all gone?'

I wasn't sure what he meant. EXT's ALC and AGP are on sale from July and through the coming winter - their MLA is no longer on sale for this summer or the coming winter, and NAP never was for this summer. There is nothing on sale at EXT for summer 2021 which is perhaps what the poster meant.

If so, there is nothing on sale for NQY or CWL in summer 2021 and many of BRS's usual routes are not on sale for summer 2021 either.

This is all according to the Ryanair booking engine on my desk top computer.

We all know Ryanair that when they put routes for sale early there is always changes or get cancelled all togeather. Mind you its still early so any thing can happen,and lets hope the routes do go on sale. With this coronavirus going on no one knows what will happen,and the biggest thing that can happen is say cherrio to thix virus. I see now a virus of some sort has started and its connected to the corona virus in some way and it affects children. There is 4 in hospital with it and 1 child has died.My thoughts are we will go into lock down again more stringent this time. We will have to wait and see what Ryanair comes out with,as I think it will affect all airports in the UK.

Ryanair making a welcome return back to EXT with this afternoons flight from Alicante FR2796 operated by EI-EVG.

Ryanair's first resumed flight from Malaga to EXT as FR3523 en-route this morning operated by EI-DWM.
According to the seat selector the outbound flight was sold out.

That's good news!
Lets hope the Alicante flights load well too.

Do you know if Ryanair intend to resume the EXT to Malta flights at some point in the future?
EXT-MLA is in the Ryanair booking engine from 30 March next year operating 2 x weekly until the end of October.

Winter 2020-2021

Alicante and Malaga are shown as 1 x weekly in the Ryanair booking engine with a couple of extra return flights to both in the Christmas/New Year holiday period. I believe they were both originally down as 2 x weekly throughout the winter.

Ryanair has reduced its frequency on a number of routes for this coming winter including some to BRS and CWL, so it must be hoped that it is a temporary move based on expected reduced demand because of the virus and that the frequency will be increased the following winter.

Winter 2020-2021

Alicante and Malaga are shown as 1 x weekly in the Ryanair booking engine with a couple of extra return flights to both in the Christmas/New Year holiday period. I believe they were both originally down as 2 x weekly throughout the winter.

Ryanair has reduced its frequency on a number of routes for this coming winter includnig some to BRS and CWL, so it must be hoped that it is a temporary move based on expected reduced demand because of the virus and that the frequency will be increased the following winter.
The Malaga and Alicante flights have been removed from the booking engine for the coming winter. Due to return at the end of March 2021. A recent report stated that Ryanair would operate only 40% of its usual winter schedule this year.

Exeter-Malaga shown as ending this summer after 31 August. Cardiff-Malaga also shown as ending after 31 August. Exeter-Alicante still shown as continuing until end of October.

Worth keeping an eye on as we know that Ryanair 'comes and goes' in its destination timetables. Malaga could yet be reinstated until the end of the summer season at both EXT and CWL.

Exeter-Malaga shown as ending this summer after 31 August. Cardiff-Malaga also shown as ending after 31 August. Exeter-Alicante still shown as continuing until end of October.

Worth keeping an eye on as we know that Ryanair 'comes and goes' in its destination timetables. Malaga could yet be reinstated until the end of the summer season at both EXT and CWL.
To be honest I can’t see Ryanair sticking around at EXT, I don’t think they are getting the load factors.

To be honest I can’t see Ryanair sticking around at EXT, I don’t think they are getting the load factors.
Loads and almost certainly yield have not been great on many Ryanair routes at many airports for much of the year. They were improving in recent months until Omicron and its unwanted travel baggage came along.

EXT has a decent passenger catchment both in numbers and in the propensity to fly. We know that Ryanair likes contracts in its favour and the future extent of Ryanair's participation at EXT will in part be decided by the sort of deal it can extract from the airport. The airline has made no secret of the fact that it will go to airports where it finds the best deals (put more discreetly than that).

EXT management knows that the footfall it needs to service its ancillary revenue streams such as car parking and retail can best be found by an established low-cost airline so it will no doubt be very keen to keep Ryanair and to grow the partnership. It might all depend how much 'seed money' the airport ownership is prepared to invest for the future.

Obviously all businesses are stretched at the moment with aviation being one of the biggest sufferers so inducements (legal ones of course) are likely to be more difficult to find, but if EXT is to prosper it must overcome the difficulties of the pandemic and take the short term pain for the long term gain: like most airports at the moment of course.

Very easy for me to say when I'm not the one with the responsibility for carrying it out. Nevertheless, EXT serves a vibrant economic sub region of the South West and businesses there will want a successful airport, not to mention the amount of holiday/leisure traffic that uses the airport.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock