• Admin
Stansted unveils striking new images of Arrivals Terminal

Striking new images of how London Stansted’s planned new Arrivals Terminal will look when it opens in 2020 have been unveiled.

The artist’s impressions include aerial views of the terminal entrance and plaza style forecourt as well as pictures inside of the spacious immigration and baggage reclaim areas.

The updated CGIs are the latest concepts by architects Pascall+Watson who were selected as designers of the £130m Terminal in March 2018.

"The Arrivals Terminal is the centrepiece project of our £600 million transformation programme and these latest images really whet the appetite of what the new and improved London Stansted Airport will look like when the facility opens in 2020.

4cgiimage-internationalarrivalsconcourse (1).jpg

Our five-year multi-million-pound project will transform the experience for millions of passengers and help unlock the airport’s spare runway capacity, providing passengers with a wider choice of airlines and destinations."
Paul Willis, London Stansted's Transformation Director

London's third busiest airport has welcomed a record 27 million in the last 12 months and serves 190 destinations. It currently has permission to handle 35 million passengers a year and has plans to increase capacity to 43 million, subject to planning permission, with a firm commitment to do so without any additional flights or noise impacts beyond its current permissions, and within the airport’s existing boundary.

Phase one of the transformation project is well underway with a new check in zone, new 350 seat restaurant and new short stay car parks opening over the summer.

Stansted Airport

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock