• Admin
Manchester Airport Crowned LGBT-Friendly Travel Company Of The Year
The UK’s third biggest airport was last night crowned LGBT-Friendly Travel Company of the Year at the annual Travel Trade Gazette Awards, which was hosted by Chatty Man Alan Carr.
Manchester Airport was one of ten contenders for the accolade and beat off stiff competition from Thomas Cook Group, James Villa Holidays, Flight Centre and Kuoni to name a few.
The event was held at the Lyceum Theatre in London, followed by an after party at the Savoy Hotel.
Manchester Airport was awarded the gong after its strong on-going commitment to the LGBT agenda in travel. It comes after sponsoring six UK Prides in 2018, up from five in 2017. Plus, the Northern hub has an actioned packed diversity agenda for its staff and supports a host of inclusivity initiatives across its vast catchment area and beyond.
The award was collected by Patrick Alexander and Olivia Bussey from the airport’s Marketing team, plus Seb Thompson from the Press Office.
Alexander and Thompson were both also shortlisted as TTG Travel Pride Champions earlier in the year due to the pair’s commitment in this area.
On receiving the win Patrick Alexander said:
“It is a real honour to take home this award and I’d like to thank everyone who voted for us, plus the team at TTG.
“It’s been a great evening with the travel industry’s finest on show and it’s a delight to take home the award for LGBT-Friendly travel company of the year.”
Seb Thompson added:
“After a busy summer celebrating prides across the UK it fills me with utter pride and joy to win this accolade. Everyone at the airport will be over the moon and we look forward to continuing to champion the LGBT agenda in 2019.”
Manchester Airport is the UK’s third largest with 27.9 million passengers. It has more than 210 destinations served by over 70 airlines.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock