Advertisement

The Continuing Saga of Brexit... (Part II)

Comments

To me the best deal we could have is the one we have ie being an EU member .
Rightly or wrongly that wasn't what the people voted for I'm afraid and as the Commons (both main lots that is) voted in favour of adopting Article 50 your idea of remaining is unlikely to become a reality.

Advertisement

Mr Carney joined the project fear side from the start,and nothing he predicted then has actually come to pass.
Carney has been a puppet of the Establishment from the very start and as you point out his predictions have all been wide, wide of the mark and how anyone still takes them as being credible amazes me as they have all been part of the project fear campaign which therefore deems them laughable in my view.

Carney apparently offered a possible worst-case scenario, not a judged projection or forecast. We were hearing this sort of thing from both sides in the run-up to the referendum. No wonder so many people were confused.

If the Westminster MPs reject the PM's deal with the EU, it's hard to predict what might happen. She keeps ruling out another referendum but if her position becomes impossible she might resign, although probably unlikely given her track record of dogged determination, which could then throw up a number of possible routes forward.

One might be a general election with one or more of the political parties compaigning on a manifesto for an about-turn on leaving the EU with the result that if they became the government they would take the election vote as an endorsement of their Remain position and seek to withdraw the UK's 'resignation' from the EU club, which the EU would no doubt accept.

If you are sick of "project fear", I'm sick of project deceit and deception from the Leave campaigners.

Carney is Canadian as most people will know. It's no skin off his back if he just let Brexit ride it's course and says nothing. He can just slip out of the back door and head right back to Canada as the carnage unfolds.

Why is it every expert in the field is just rubbished?

I suppose part of the situation is, as it was during the Referendum campaign, that 'experts' from both sides on all manner of matters relating to what we now know as Brexit were giving contrary advice, opinions and projections. Many people would then endorse the pronouncements of the 'experts' whose opinion most closely resembed their own beliefs on Brexit. Consequently the opinion of the experts whose views supported the 'other side' were sometimes ridiculed or condemned.

Most ordinary people, and I include myself in this, became so confused that they found it hard to know who to believe.

If we do have another Referendum or a General Election based on Brexit I can't see the situation altering. Experts and others will continue to be wheeled out by the opposing factions with the result that many voters will remain confused as to the true arguments.

If you are sick of "project fear", I'm sick of project deceit and deception from the Leave campaigners.

Carney is Canadian as most people will know. It's no skin off his back if he just let Brexit ride it's course and says nothing. He can just slip out of the back door and head right back to Canada as the carnage unfolds.

Im with you 101% Aviador (y)

Looks like things are moving in the right direction. As its just being announced that the UK & USA have agreed a new open skies deal for Post-Brexit flights. The UK has also secured bilateral air service arrangements with Albania, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Kosovo, Montenegro, Morocco and Switzerland. Discussions regarding a new arrangement with Canada are said to be at “an advanced stage”.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/2...paign=the-hub-EU&utm_content=the-hub-20181130

Just lurching from one crisis to another. Having said until mid-morning today that the Commons vote tomorrow would go ahead, the government now seems to have changed its mind.

I think the thought of a Corbyn-led government is playing on the minds of some of the Conservative MPs who would have voted against the PM's 'deal' and the PM's return to Brussels on Thursday seems a desperate last shake of the dice.

Hundreds of years ago Cameron would have been hanged, drawn and quartered for getting the country into such a mess. Complete lack of foresight on his part when he went into the Referendum thinking he would win easily and thus get his own party Euro-sceptics off his back. He obviously gave no thought whatsoever as to the consequences if the country voted to Leave.

Just lurching from one crisis to another. Having said until mid-morning today that the Commons vote tomorrow would go ahead, the government now seems to have changed its mind.

I think the thought of a Corbyn-led government is playing on the minds of some of the Conservative MPs who would have voted against the PM's 'deal' and the PM's return to Brussels on Thursday seems a desperate last shake of the dice.

Hundreds of years ago Cameron would have been hanged, drawn and quartered for getting the country into such a mess. Complete lack of foresight on his part when he went into the Referendum thinking he would win easily and thus get his own party Euro-sceptics off his back. He obviously gave no thought whatsoever as to the consequences if the country voted to Leave.
He was so arrogant he didn`t bother to properly campaign until the last few weeks. In 50 years of following politics the so called `Remain` campaign was the most ineffective, useless, badly planned non event that I have ever seen.

A plague on all politicians houses.

They are all self serving who are only interested in their own little fiefdoms and they care not a jot for the electorate until, of course, it comes to a general election. This sentiment equally applies to that lot in Belgium who are only interested in stuffing the UK for having the cheek to vote to leave their Club. I hope that they are all force fed Brussels Sprouts on 25th until they are sick and tired of the same old diet. Only then will they realise how we all feel about their antics. Maybe.

I still believe we will be better out of the EU if for no other reason we can kick our politicians out every five years if they don't listen. We don't have that luxury with the EU lot. Having said that I must add that I am sick and tired of our politicos who can't agree on anything. What a disgraceful state of affairs. I am ashamed of their behaviour. Rant over for the time being. Apologies.

And that is the big problem at the moment; lack of any opposition.

"Self-less" Corbyn is been the most selfish of the MP's at the moment. Wanting to ensure that he keeps his hands of Brexit (knowing full well he won't be able to do any better deal and doesn't want to loose his 'ratings' from coming back with a crap deal), but then when the time of an election comes he will win by landslide and come to power. And Brexit will all be blamed on Tories when in-fact is every single MP who is responsible for not working in the best interests of us, their employers. A general election today would make us worse as we'd have a hung parliament.

Personally i want the 'Vote of No Confidence' adding to the general election ballot. Imagine the Chaos that would cause.

1544470869047.png

The shit storm has unleashed.

Fox News has been covering the Paris riots with Nigel Farage as a commentator. Like as if the UK has never witnessed it's own riots. I can think of at least three occasions when the behaviour of our nation has completely embarrassed us from within. It is by no accident the smug little mutt also known as Nigel Farage is being used as the so-called expert on French affairs. The trouble he has caused is destabilising the UK and he is desperate to do the same to other countries throughout Europe. http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/12/...eel-completely-unrepresented-president-macron

Advertisement

Top Bottom