Advertisement

Primera Air Suspends Services

primera.png

Primera Air have ceased operation after a string of problems plagued the airline. Flight operations ceased at mid-night last night.

The airline released the following statement to it's customers.

"Airline Primera Air and IATA codes PF and 6F have been suspended as of today, October 2nd, 2018.

On behalf of Primera Air team, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. On this sad day we are saying Goodbye to all of you.

Please visit primeraair.com for further updates in next few days. Tour Operator passengers are kindly suggested to address their Tour Operators and Agents for further information and actions.

Kindly understand that the usual options for contacts (via email or phone) can not be offered any longer."

Last edited:

Comments

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #4
Very sad news but I think most of us expected it. They lost their grip many months ago and I'm amazed they held out this long to be honest. It goes without saying I wish all it's former employees well in finding alternative employment.

Seasider

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
I managed to see OY -PAE flying overhead Burton on Trent on its way back to Stansted from Toronto this morning.

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
I've read reports on other forums that working conditions at PF were very poor and that former employees, including pilots, never had a good word to say about them. In fact some people are suggesting that Primera was in financial trouble before the TATL venture due to lawsuits filed over its treatment of employees.

Given the worldwide pilot shortage I'm sure the pilots won't be out of work for long.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Very sad news but I think most of us expected it. They lost their grip many months ago and I'm amazed they held out this long to be honest. It goes without saying I wish all it's former employees well in finding alternative employment.
I think this goes to the point of passengers and employees now stranded down route. There will be a lot of people having to buy very expensive one way tickets to get home now.

If it’s so expected how is it a regulator should allow a situation to develop where the airline carries on until a sudden demise with no insurance plan to provide passage for folks to get home. Monarch at least fell under the CAA and ATOL protection so people were flown home. With Primera it seems the Danish regular didn’t care. For anyone travelling this should underline the need for a reasonable travel insurance policy.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Dont know if this is true but Virgin are honouring Primera tickets from all american airports primera flew too. And also flying stranded staff home too.

What a lovely gesture if true. (y)

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Dont know if this is true but Virgin are honouring Primera tickets from all american airports primera flew too. And also flying stranded staff home too.

What a lovely gesture if true. (y)
VS are offering reduced cost fares for those stranded, as are Norwegian.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Thread starter Moderator #12

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #13
Virgin Atlantic, Norwegian & Iceland's WOW Air are all stepping in to offer stranded passengers and Primera crews flights home if from the US East Coast to Europe or from Europe to the US East Coast.

https://twitter.com/Virgin
View attachment 10045
https://twitter.com/Fly_Norwegian

View attachment 10046

https://twitter.com/wow_air

View attachment 10047

I think British Airways have missed a big trick here, as it seems they have no sympathy whats so ever.
It's definitely a good bit of PR for the airlines helping out and I'd have thought BA could do with some of that!

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014

Advertisement

Top Bottom