Very sad news but I think most of us expected it. They lost their grip many months ago and I'm amazed they held out this long to be honest. It goes without saying I wish all it's former employees well in finding alternative employment.

I managed to see OY -PAE flying overhead Burton on Trent on its way back to Stansted from Toronto this morning.

I've read reports on other forums that working conditions at PF were very poor and that former employees, including pilots, never had a good word to say about them. In fact some people are suggesting that Primera was in financial trouble before the TATL venture due to lawsuits filed over its treatment of employees.

Given the worldwide pilot shortage I'm sure the pilots won't be out of work for long.

Very sad news but I think most of us expected it. They lost their grip many months ago and I'm amazed they held out this long to be honest. It goes without saying I wish all it's former employees well in finding alternative employment.

I think this goes to the point of passengers and employees now stranded down route. There will be a lot of people having to buy very expensive one way tickets to get home now.

If it’s so expected how is it a regulator should allow a situation to develop where the airline carries on until a sudden demise with no insurance plan to provide passage for folks to get home. Monarch at least fell under the CAA and ATOL protection so people were flown home. With Primera it seems the Danish regular didn’t care. For anyone travelling this should underline the need for a reasonable travel insurance policy.

Dont know if this is true but Virgin are honouring Primera tickets from all american airports primera flew too. And also flying stranded staff home too.

What a lovely gesture if true. (y)

Dont know if this is true but Virgin are honouring Primera tickets from all american airports primera flew too. And also flying stranded staff home too.

What a lovely gesture if true. (y)

VS are offering reduced cost fares for those stranded, as are Norwegian.

Virgin Atlantic, Norwegian & Iceland's WOW Air are all stepping in to offer stranded passengers and Primera crews flights home if from the US East Coast to Europe or from Europe to the US East Coast.

https://twitter.com/Virgin
View attachment 10045
https://twitter.com/Fly_Norwegian

View attachment 10046

https://twitter.com/wow_air

View attachment 10047

I think British Airways have missed a big trick here, as it seems they have no sympathy whats so ever.
It's definitely a good bit of PR for the airlines helping out and I'd have thought BA could do with some of that!

Well surprise surprise apparently Primera Travel group has reformed Travelco Nordic! So keep an eye out for the new airline!

Interesting article in The Blue Swan Daily:

Cobalt Air temporarily reinstates licence
November 6, 2018
Cyprus‘ Minister of Transport, Communications and Works Vassiliki Anastassiadou confirmed an interim decision on the reinstatement of Cobalt Air‘s operating licence, as a result of a court injunction by Virgin Atlantic (cyprus-mail.com/philenews.com, 02-Nov-2018). A hearing to further discuss the case is to take place on 05-Nov-2018. The carrier announced the suspension of operations on 17-Oct-2018, as previously reported by CAPA.

Does this means the airline will fly again.?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock