Well, I bet few people saw that coming. That's certainly a coup for the airport.

According to another website the CPH-NQY route begins on 28 June. There are no details of frequency or duration of the service. In the past SAS has operated short season summer routes from Stockholm to Bristol from the end of June to mid-August.

I wonder if SAS sees this primarily as a route for Danish tourists to visit Cornwall along the lines of the Eurowings routes from Dusseldorf, Berlin and Stuttgart.

Definitely a coup for Newquay and no doubt aimed at inbound tourism! Nothing is onsale yet and i believe flights go onsale tomorrow.

SAS have brought the start of the Newquay service forward and will start on the 21st June 2019.

I thought I'd see how Copenhagen was doing.
It's only operated at the end of June (3 departures) and then July and August but CAA stats for August aren't in yet. So here's June and July.
June 286 passengers average 47 passengers per flight. 52% LF.
July 1272 passengers average 70 passengers per flight. 77% LF.
August tbc

SAS Copenhagen - Newquay route is now on sale for Summer 2020 operating 2x weekly from June 26th to August 7th.

Mondays
SK1533 = CPH 11:00 - NQY 12:25 / SK1534 = NQY 13:05 - CPH 16:10
Fridays
SK1533 = CPH 11:00 - NQY 12:25 / SK1534 = NQY 13:25 - CPH 16:30
I'm pleased it's coming back. I know that load factors aren't the be-all and end-all of a successful route but when SAS tried Stockholm-Bristol for similar short summer seasons in 2014 and 2015 on larger aircraft (B737) than the CPH-NQY route the monthly load factors were high 80s%/low90s% (compared with 52% and 77% on the CPH-NQY in June and July respectively this year that gave me some concern) yet that wasn't enough to bring it back in 2016. Perhaps the economics of operating a CRJ900 are better than a Boeing 737-600, or perhaps ARN is a more expensive airport for airlines to operate into.

This is the second bit of good news for NQY today with the new Loganair routes announced for next summer. The under provision at the South West airports is beginning to be recognised by airlines with EXT having an excellent 2019 and seeing record passenger numbers and NQY hopefully seeing a resurgence next year of its outperformance of recent years that stalled this year.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock