• Admin
R&M Williams secures Bristol Airport development of new Administration Building
Administration Building 425x225.jpg
R&M Williams is to partner with the project team at Bristol Airport to develop the site’s new Administration Building.

This will be the second Bristol Airport development for R&M Williams this year, having recently provided framework for the airport’s new £4.3million fire station, which is nearing completion.

Darryn Parry, managing director of R&M Williams, said:

“We are delighted that Bristol Airport has awarded R&M Williams this second major contract in 12 months. We have mobilised quickly to be on site and ready for work to begin, with the main structural steel framework scheduled for erection in early October.”

The office structure, which will comprise of three storeys, will house the project teams and senior management, alongside other services such as meeting and training rooms.

It is the latest project in a series of developments that are set to modernise and expand the site, and demonstrates Bristol Airport’s continued investment into sustainable, low carbon systems. The new building has been designed with energy efficiency in mind, with a carbon emission reduction of 23% over facility-building regulations.

Bristol Architects, Stride Treglown, have designed a very modern façade for the project that will establish the new office as a signature building on entrance to the airport.

Darryn adds:

“We are proud that this type of high quality, fast-track construction is one of our business strengths and we look forward to further cementing our reputation with Bristol Airport, with the successful delivery of both the fire station and administration block schemes. It’s a really state-of-the-art facility and we can’t wait to see the project take shape in the coming weeks.”

Andrew Goodenough, Development Director at Bristol Airport, said:

“We are delighted to be working with R&M Williams on this second project. The Administration Building will be the welcome that staff, airline and business partner guests will see and we wanted the building to visually blend in with the local environment whilst providing a state-of-the-art energy efficient facility.”

R&M Williams, which has construction, maintenance, development, mechanical and electrical installation, as well painting and decorating divisions, has experience across an extensive range of sectors and was recognised for its services to construction this year, earning a Local Authority Building Control Building Excellence Award and a silver Considerate Constructors National Site Award for its work on the Urban Quarter.

I find the new building too close to the A38. It sort of blights the lanscape around the roundabout as it is quite a large structure and right by the roadside.

I find the new building too close to the A38. It sort of blights the lanscape around the roundabout as it is quite a large structure and right by the roadside.

The admin building has come on a lot since I last saw it six weeks ago. The outline is beginning to take shape.

South Side is becoming quite a complex in its own right with:

The admin building under construction
The new fire station nearing completion
New Silver Zone reception building
Hangar for a well-known local entrepreneur
Centreline's activities including hangar, passenger lounges, crew lounges and everything associated with a FBO
Bristol & Wessex Aeroplane Club with its restaurant
Apron for bizjets and general aviation (I've also seen 737/320 size aircraft parked there at times)

I believe that there is more development to come on the South Side.

It’s all looking very impressive , no extra terminal but just about everything else !
Do we know when the southern taxiway is likely to be built ?

It’s all looking very impressive , no extra terminal but just about everything else !

I'm not too sure of the details of the south side taxiway. The last consultative committee meeting minutes contained this remark:

All outstanding reserved matters from the 2011 planning permission would need to be submitted by 16th February 2019. This would include the south side taxiway and apron.

I thought that a full-length south side taxiway, similar to the one on the north side, would only be needed if a second terminal was built on the south side. This option seems to have already been rejected by the airport prior to its first draft of the new master plan whose publication is awaited.

So I'm not sure what sort of taxiway, or apron for that matter (an apron already exists on the south side of course), are envisaged.

Perhaps someone could clarify.

Do we know which way the taxi war due to run.My thought is to the start of runway 27 from apron.They use the old runway 15 if I remember at the mo.

Do we know which way the taxi war due to run.My thought is to the start of runway 27 from apron.They use the old runway 15 if I remember at the mo.

I would assume a full length taxiway means just that ? From the 09 end back to the South Side apron . I can’t see one connecting to the 27 end being much more beneficial than what’s there now

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans for a taxiway on the Southside, however there is work due to start in the New Year on the Southside apron, which includes converting the grass taxi link to concrete/asphalt. The idea will be to change the layout of the Southside meaning more car parking for the airport (Silver Zone) and a more useable space for Centreline and Bristol Flying Club (all the Business Jets/GA aircraft).

I apologise for the haphazard illustration below, but I believe this might be the plan for the Southside:
Yellow Lines:
-
New taxiway replacing the grass taxi link
- Extended apron opposite Centreline (named as Flying Centre on pictures below) - with capacity for multiple B737/A320 size aircraft.

Red Lines:
- Outline of extended Silver Zone Car Park,

Before:
Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 16.19.19.png

After:View attachment 11566

Many thanks, Severn. Given that there is to be no second main terminal on the South Side, as opposed to Centreline's passenger and crew lounges, a full-length taxiway on that side of the airport did raise some eyebrows.

The consultative committee minutes don't mention a full-length taxiway, merely a taxiway (see below) which makes sense in the context of your post.

All outstanding reserved matters from the 2011 planning permission would need to be submitted by 16th February 2019. This would include the south side taxiway and apron.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock