Advertisement

Customs w/different passports

Nov 8, 2018
Canada
Thread starter #1
I'm traveling to LHR next week with my husband. I have a UK passport and he has a Canadian passport, can someone tell me if we will be required to go through different customs lines? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #2
@LJL Very good question and I don't know the answer. What I would do is go through with him in the non EU channel rather than the other way around. At least it doesn't look like he's trying to seek in and you can just explain you wanted to stay together.

Nov 8, 2018
Canada
Thread starter #3
@LJL Very good question and I don't know the answer. What I would do is go through with him in the non EU channel rather than the other way around. At least it doesn't look like he's trying to seek in and you can just explain you wanted to stay together.
Great idea, thanks! We travel often together and separately but this is the first time to the UK together and I just thought about this. I have a feeling that if I'm not with him and he gets asked questions about where we're going, he will have no idea what to say :ROFLMAO:

Is the non EU line any faster than the EU one? (feeling hopeful)

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #4
Great idea, thanks! We travel often together and separately but this is the first time to the UK together and I just thought about this. I have a feeling that if I'm not with him and he gets asked questions about where we're going, he will have no idea what to say :ROFLMAO:

Is the non EU line any faster than the EU one? (feeling hopeful)
No usually as more checks are carried out but you shouldn't experience significantly longer delays.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
The non-EU line definitely won't be faster than the EU one. You can try going in the EU line together and that should work. However, the one thing you would be able to use and your husband can't use are the e-passport gates - there isn't much wait for them usually - so you would have to use the manned EU line desks if you are going together.

Advertisement

Top Bottom