Advertisement

Flybe up for sale!

flybe elmdon74.JPG

After much speculation regarding the future of Flybe the airline has announced it is now for sale. The airline blames difficult trading conditions, continuing Brexit uncertainty and rising fuel prices for it's decision.

Picture by @elmdon74

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Advertisement

Gloomy news two.

Flybe's recent mini share revival appears to be coming to an end having risen to 24p they are headig back down again closed at 17.2 p yesterday, hopefully they will announce something positive soon.

Gloomy news two.

Flybe's recent mini share revival appears to be coming to an end having risen to 24p they are headig back down again closed at 17.2 p yesterday, hopefully they will announce something positive soon.
Just on a personal note my mum's booked in May from Liverpool to Newquay to see a friend she hasn't seen for a long time. Just hope the service remains.

Gloomy news two.

It's following the adage, "Buy on the rumour and sell on the news".

Shares in companies invariably rise when there is serious speculation of a takeover or buyout. There is also the calculation to be made as to what price a company is likely to be sold for. Some people might decide that 24 pence per share might be too high and buying at that level or higher now could leave them with a loss if the company is sold for less. Others will also have bought shares as a gamble at, say, ten or 12 pence or a bit higher and decided to make a quick profit and get out. All this will see a share price stagnate or drop, as with Flybe.

I expect further fluctuations until positive news as to the company's future becomes known.

My problems with this is that so far no serious suitor has informed the Stock Exchange that they are engaged in due diligence with Flybe...Plenty of `dancing round the handbags` ans supposition (imagination) from the business journalists. But no hard evidence of a potential bid so far....the shares are purely for speculation and only for the brave at present.

My problems with this is that so far no serious suitor has informed the Stock Exchange that they are engaged in due diligence with Flybe...Plenty of `dancing round the handbags` ans supposition (imagination) from the business journalists. But no hard evidence of a potential bid so far....the shares are purely for speculation and only for the brave at present.
I agree. Some people who did take a punt around 10 pence might have doubled their money if they got out at the right time but it was a gamble and I would not have invested serious money, any more than I would now.

Advertisement

Top Bottom