• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Peggy will refuse Doggy chocolate but I fight her off my grapes, she is curious why I don't share! Whilst we are on canine toxins, is it safe if she wants to have some beer? I get conflicting messages.

Whilst we are on canine toxins, is it safe if she wants to have some beer? I get conflicting messages.
I don't really know, but a quick web search reveals several posts saying that it is harmful to dogs. I know that in Humans, an enzyme called 'Alcohol Dehydrogenase' breaks down alcohols to aldehydes (in the case of primary alcohols), or ketones (in the case of secondary alcohols). Whether dogs have the same amount of the enzyme, which breaks down the toxic alcohol, I'm not sure.
I've also heard, that tea is very bad for dogs (although I've known many people who give their dog a bowl of tea). This may be because caffeine is extremely similar to Theobromine in structure. The only difference, is that a Proton (H) in Theobromine is replaced by a Methyl group (CH3) in caffeine.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin. I ask because of a scene in the movie BATTLE OF BRITAIN, where some flying officer was asked by a subordinate if he could stand his dog a pint in the mess. To be clear, I do not give Peggy any alcohol.

A stiff drink might be in order this evening if the weather is anything to go by. Maybe a Whisky or two calling....!

Not everyone's favourite tipple but Morrisons is selling 1ltr bottles of Bailey's for £12 at the moment if anyone's interested.

Nothing of the alcoholic variety just a Beachams for me this evening. I'm full of cold, manflu or whatever.

A bottle of Malbec finished off with a nice Port.

Mrs F has poured herself a glass of that wretched stuff she calls Baileys, Penderyn Single Malt for me (y)

Mrs F has poured herself a glass of that wretched stuff she calls Baileys, Penderyn Single Malt for me (y)
I'd join you for a single malt, Ray. Cream is good on dessert, but doesn't belong with whisk(e)y (my Mom used to enjoy Baileys and Cadbury's chocolate liqueur - which made getting Christmas presents easier).

Kevin

I am supposedly on a leave of absence but cannot resist engaging with members at a jolly time. People choose to engage with me privately and I thank them for their respect to my wishes and needs. I wish up on every member of this forum only the best outcome for 2022. My future is determined and I am content. Out my hands and as such, nothing to worry about.

Just enjoying a couple of glasses of Old Speckled Hen pale ale. I've also treated myself to a packet of Pistachio nuts (I love them, but don't have them very often as they're not cheap), which aren't lasting long.
I also have a bottle of Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon which I may sample a little later.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock