I don't really know, but a quick web search reveals several posts saying that it is harmful to dogs. I know that in Humans, an enzyme called 'Alcohol Dehydrogenase' breaks down alcohols to aldehydes (in the case of primary alcohols), or ketones (in the case of secondary alcohols). Whether dogs have the same amount of the enzyme, which breaks down the toxic alcohol, I'm not sure.Whilst we are on canine toxins, is it safe if she wants to have some beer? I get conflicting messages.
I'd join you for a single malt, Ray. Cream is good on dessert, but doesn't belong with whisk(e)y (my Mom used to enjoy Baileys and Cadbury's chocolate liqueur - which made getting Christmas presents easier).Mrs F has poured herself a glass of that wretched stuff she calls Baileys, Penderyn Single Malt for me