• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Jupiler is on the menu for tonight.

I am having a Malbec and a Stout this evening, I need some induced sleep, too much daylight for my liking! I have an eyemask but it interferes with comfort so a bottle of liquid coma might do it.

Hope you manage to reach the land of nod Madam JJ.

MALBEC gone, Stout next with Rice and Peas then to my bed with Peggy.

I may not reappear tomorrow, a long rest for me and Peggy, our joints are bothersome!

Löwenbräu tonight, not had it in quite a few years but it's going down well.

Will finish off with a Talisker just before bed.

I love German beers but I've yet to come accross Gluten Free German beer. Anyone know a supermarket that sells it?

If you have an Amazon account, search for Gluten free German Lager and you will find a selection of ideas! A lot of the grocery stuff comes via Morrisons!!

Cheap as chips and you know what to expect, but once you've seen one, you've seen them all. Have a good day all the same @SNOWMAN, and have one for me!
I'm quite a fan of Wetherspoons for an everyday meal. As you say, they are inexpensive and you know what you are getting.

I sometimes meet Mrs Yokel around 4pm at the one in Wells, Somerset or the one in Clifton, Bristol, after I've been out walking for the day. They provide an acceptable meal in our eyes and we can have a bottle of wine knowing that there are regular bus services back to near our home. I would not want to try to park my car in Clifton anyway - finding a space would be next to impossible.

Part of the charm of Wetherspoons is the different type of buildings they use. Some fabulous old buildings have been kept in use.

A few years ago a pal of mine and I did a rail trip to Leeds and had lunch in a Wetherspoons not far from the main railway station (we went back to Bristol via the Pennines and Manchester). I can't remember the name of the pub but it was on two levels- possibly an old bank.

hi local yokel
this w/spoons is a grade 2 listed building which has stood empty for 20 yrs and was in a very poor state,w/spoons have spent some 4.5 million on the refurb,just leaving home now 07-30 to go for breakfast.
regards
sm

It's Summertime ( allegedly ) and that means Scrumpy time. The skies are deathly quiet after last weekend's excitement but will not stop me digging out my supply of the good stuff.

I'm quite a fan of Wetherspoons for an everyday meal. As you say, they are inexpensive and you know what you are getting.

I sometimes meet Mrs Yokel around 4pm at the one in Wells, Somerset or the one in Clifton, Bristol, after I've been out walking for the day. They provide an acceptable meal in our eyes and we can have a bottle of wine knowing that there are regular bus services back to near our home. I would not want to try to park my car in Clifton anyway - finding a space would be next to impossible.
Yesterday MrsYokel joined me on a gentle 6-mile stroll through the Somerset countryside and we finished up in Wetherspoons' QuarterJack at mid-afternoon in the tiny city of Wells.

We spent a pleasant two and a half hours concentrating initially on a bottle of Hardy's Pinot Grigio before we ordered curries which came with a drink and we opted for a Coldwater Creek Merlot which I think comes out of a tap. Coldwater Creek Pinot Grigio at Wetherspoons certainly does.

The Merlot was quite acceptable as was the curry as it invariably is, although I know people who turn up their nose at the idea of a curry in Wetherspoons and wine out of a tap.

We ended the afternoon by finishing off the bottle of Hardy's Pinot Grigio.

It was all very pleasant and a double-decker bus ride home over the Mendips was an enjoyable way in which to conclude the day out. The route was once included in the Sunday Times' 20 most scenic bus routes in England.

Today will be strictly non-alcoholic beverages with our meal at home.

I frequently drove from Bristol to Bath and saw the signs to Wells. My work detail prevented any deviation from mandated route. Vehicles were fitted with tracking devices.

I frequently drove from Bristol to Bath and saw the signs to Wells. My work detail prevented any deviation from mandated route. Vehicles were fitted with tracking devices.
Wells is a very pleasant city, although it's smaller than many towns. It sits at the bottom of the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills with its impressive cathedral, and Bishop's Palace (Bishop of Bath and Wells) surrounded by the celebrated moat with its swans. Beyond Wells to the south/south-west are the Somerset Levels and Glastonbury is just a 10-minute drive in that direction.

Wells does have some decent restaurants and cafes if anyone wants to look beyond Wetherspoons.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock