Seasider

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
As previously posted I am going on a trip next May. I know of the websites that inform of the places to take photographs, but is there anyone on the forum who have been to Nantes?

As previously posted I am going on a trip next May. I know of the websites that inform of the places to take photographs, but is there anyone on the forum who have been to Nantes?

Hi just really used the airport, I can't say I know the place.

Had a nice couple of days last week. Not a very busy airport but has Transavia France and Volotea who don't fly to the UK, have a base and also HOP with a variety of aircraft. Hoping to see a "Beluga" but it flew over at 5000' into St Nazaire.
The return flights with KLM were very good and managed to fly on an Embraer 175 for the first time. I think I am going to take a leaf out of Jerry's book, and look for specific aircraft as the A340 will not be around much longer and, as yet, I have never flown on one.

On to the photos:

View attachment 13260

View attachment 13261

View attachment 13262

View attachment 13263

View attachment 13264

View attachment 13265

View attachment 13266

They always say, keep the best to the last

View attachment 13267

I wasn't aware when I booked the trip that this "beauty" was preserved near the end of the runway. I had to take this from a distance because when you walked along the fence you were too close even with the wide angle lens. It is in pristine condition, but only open for viewing once a year. If I had better French, I would have tried to get a look around.

Yes they are sadly getting rarer! I'm not sure if Iberia still operate them on MAD-LHR but I do know that Lufthansa will be operating them on FRA-DUB from July to September on a Thursday I think. They are a great aircraft and I'm glad I got to fly on one coming back from the US a few years ago!
Great photos as well!

Always going to be a subjective opinion but I think the Lockheed Constellation has a strong claim for being the most beautiful airliner ever put into service.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock