Indigo

Coathanger16

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Sep 29, 2016
Dorridge
IndiGo orders another 300 A320neo-family jets

"The deal, described by the airframer as "one of Airbus's largest aircraft orders ever with a single airline operator", brings IndiGo's A320neo-family total to 730." (Bold is mine)

To put that into perspective, easyJet currently has a fleet of 332 aircraft with 109 on order (according to Wikipedia). The largest LCC in the world, Southwest Airlines, currently has a fleet of 751 (with 276 on order).

Assuming each aircraft operates 4 flights a day that would represent just over 1 million flights a year.

Puts the 240,000 new movements that a third LHR runway would allow into perspective!

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Wow, that's quite some order. I'd have enough problems raising the finance for a new bicycle!!

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Sounds promising but when, if ever, will we see an end product?

(Could be asked of any Indian carrier really)

cbeboy

Feb 18, 2020
India
Hi,

Here is my Trip report/Flight review of Indigo airlines Economy class flight in A320 from Coimbatore International Airport(CJB) to New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport(DEL)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.