Advertisement

Southwest Airlines - Seattle to Oakland trip report

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #2
Again a little gem.

GoFly and easyJet used to operate a system whereby passengers could sit where they liked in any unoccupied seat.

In those days there was no Internet check-in so everyone checked in at the desk. The earlier you checked in the lower boarding number you were given - Go used groups of letters, ie the first 30 checked in were in Group A, the next 30 in Group B, the next 30 in Group C and the remainder in Group D. Group A was called for boarding first and so on, so it paid to check in early at the desk to get the best choice of seats. There was no speedy boarding then.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #3
Definitely going to have to try and fly with them on my next trip to the US! I still get surprised when someone says they offer 2 free checked bags and don't charge for seat selection. Would be nice if a European airline did that!

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #5
You're a dab hand at doing these videos now Jerry.
Thanks! I do enjoy doing them but i have a long way to go to get them to the standard of Aviatorconcorde and others online online like Blake Edgington and Pauls Trip Reports.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #6
Thanks! I do enjoy doing them but i have a long way to go to get them to the standard of Aviatorconcorde and others online online like Blake Edgington and Pauls Trip Reports.
Don't do yourself down. They are coming along very nicely. I always get the feel of having done the trip myself which is my idea of watching a trip video. Your videos provide this.

aviatorconcorde

Feb 1, 2018
South East Wales
Thread starter #8
Again a little gem.

GoFly and easyJet used to operate a system whereby passengers could sit where they liked in any unoccupied seat.

In those days there was no Internet check-in so everyone checked in at the desk. The earlier you checked in the lower boarding number you were given - Go used groups of letters, ie the first 30 checked in were in Group A, the next 30 in Group B, the next 30 in Group C and the remainder in Group D. Group A was called for boarding first and so on, so it paid to check in early at the desk to get the best choice of seats. There was no speedy boarding then.
Thanks for watching TLY! Glad you enjoyed it. I remember that system on Easyjet! Speedy boarding I think had just come in and this open seating was being used. Dad got us speedy boarding for a flight to Paphos to try and grab the bulkhead and i’m sure we ended up on the same bus as the non speedy boarders.

Don't do yourself down. They are coming along very nicely. I always get the feel of having done the trip myself which is my idea of watching a trip video. Your videos provide this.
Agreed!

Advertisement

Top Bottom