Again a little gem.

GoFly and easyJet used to operate a system whereby passengers could sit where they liked in any unoccupied seat.

In those days there was no Internet check-in so everyone checked in at the desk. The earlier you checked in the lower boarding number you were given - Go used groups of letters, ie the first 30 checked in were in Group A, the next 30 in Group B, the next 30 in Group C and the remainder in Group D. Group A was called for boarding first and so on, so it paid to check in early at the desk to get the best choice of seats. There was no speedy boarding then.

Definitely going to have to try and fly with them on my next trip to the US! I still get surprised when someone says they offer 2 free checked bags and don't charge for seat selection. Would be nice if a European airline did that!

You're a dab hand at doing these videos now Jerry.
Thanks! I do enjoy doing them but i have a long way to go to get them to the standard of Aviatorconcorde and others online online like Blake Edgington and Pauls Trip Reports.

Thanks! I do enjoy doing them but i have a long way to go to get them to the standard of Aviatorconcorde and others online online like Blake Edgington and Pauls Trip Reports.

Don't do yourself down. They are coming along very nicely. I always get the feel of having done the trip myself which is my idea of watching a trip video. Your videos provide this.

Again a little gem.

GoFly and easyJet used to operate a system whereby passengers could sit where they liked in any unoccupied seat.

In those days there was no Internet check-in so everyone checked in at the desk. The earlier you checked in the lower boarding number you were given - Go used groups of letters, ie the first 30 checked in were in Group A, the next 30 in Group B, the next 30 in Group C and the remainder in Group D. Group A was called for boarding first and so on, so it paid to check in early at the desk to get the best choice of seats. There was no speedy boarding then.

Thanks for watching TLY! Glad you enjoyed it. I remember that system on Easyjet! Speedy boarding I think had just come in and this open seating was being used. Dad got us speedy boarding for a flight to Paphos to try and grab the bulkhead and i’m sure we ended up on the same bus as the non speedy boarders.

Don't do yourself down. They are coming along very nicely. I always get the feel of having done the trip myself which is my idea of watching a trip video. Your videos provide this.

Agreed!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock