• Admin
View attachment 11970
The King of Spain attended the official opening of Murcia Covera airport today arriving by air. The first two scheduled flights to arrive at the airport were from East Midlands and Bristol Airports in the UK.

Once fully operational the airport will be able to accommodate 140 landings and take-offs throughout the day.

Initial forecasts suggest the new airport may exceed 8,600 flights and reach 1.2 million passengers, during the first year equalling the figure achieved by San Javier. The new airport at Corvera has capacity for five million passengers however the airport has been designed so it can easily be expanded if necessary.

The airport operator Aena made the transfer to Covera from San Javier during the night with a transfer of the equipment formally in use at the San Javier airport.

The new airport will initially offer flights to twelve destinations in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Belgium. This will increase to twenty from March.

Norwegian has announced four destinations for the season that begins at the end of March, so it will be one of the most active companies in Corvera, along with Ryanair.

From spring Corvera will debut the connection with Oviedo announced by the company Volatea, founded by the Murcian Carlos Muñoz.

The Minister for Development said that Aena was currently in talks with airlines to establish flights to Madrid and Barcelona.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock