Greater Birmingham - Thread

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Very envious of HS2. In virtually the entire South West of England there are no electrified railways, let alone anything such as HS2, and nothing planned. The government is quite happy for diesel traction to prevail in such cities as Bristol, Bath, Plymouth, Exeter and Truro whilst at the same time demanding that steps are taken by the local authorities to reduce diesel road transport emissions.

Birmingham looks very modern with all these new buildings, either completed, under construction or planned. New Street Station is also extremely impressive these days, although my recent first-hand knowledge is restricted to passing through on a train and looking at videos on YouTube.

Many thanks for your pics. I certainly enjoy looking at them.

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Very envious of HS2. In virtually the entire South West of England there are no electrified railways, let alone anything such as HS2, and nothing planned.
Personally, I would like to see all of Great Britain's (I would say UK's, but a rail link to Northern Ireland may be difficult) major cities linked by high speed rail. We often hear that people are envious of the railways of other nations (France and Japan come easily to mind), but when planned for England, people are up in arms (are these people one and the same?). I see no reason why the South West should not be included on the high speed rail network, but do understand that it will take time.

Kevin

Ianbutty

Feb 29, 2016
Essex
The Mercian tower crane is being taken down as we speak.

There is such a thing as a tower crane geek, honest. And to them this is like 10 x Christmas in 1, lol

Btw I'm not a tower crane geek, more of a skyscraper geek :kiss:

View attachment 24570

View attachment 24571
The completed tower looks great. Finally something that immediately stands out as a skyscrapers. And more to come.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
We have new lights on the BT Tower folks, an illuminated BT Sign on x 2 faces of the tower, will look awesome coming over spaghetti junction into the city centre, thanks BT ;-)

Can't get used to not seeing the crane on top.

Lighting looks great though (y)

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
A great shot of the revamped Birmingham City Centre with new buildings/Squares and tram lines all being constructed as we speak, Brum is on fire

We need to impress the world in 2022 for the Commonwealth Games coming to the city.

Photo's credit to tuomii33, Charliehs on SSC

download (3).jpg

IMG_2943.JPG

0AE05346-4060-45C9-A600-FB77E0609A71.jpeg

Alexander-Stadium-Exterior-1024x683.jpg

220px-Birmingham_2022_Commonwealth_Games_logo.svg.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.