Greater Birmingham - Thread

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Spectacular! Is there much of a view from the big wheel? It seems dwarfed by its surroundings.

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
You probably can see St Andrews whether that's much of a view ( it's not a church) is debatable particularly if you are of a claret & blue persuasion.

The city centre is built on raised ground.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I can confirm neither are visible and both are mediocre stadiums and football club's compared to our northern cities.

Birmingham by now should have at least 1 "mega" stadium

I bet if the UK/Ireland joint World Cup bid wins , Birmingham wouldn't even have representation and why would we, there are plenty of superior stadiums to choose from, a world away from Villa Park.

:censored::censored::censored:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
The time has nearly come Ray, well as long as we are not in lockdown, lol

Forget any lockdown, as soon as this place is open I'm booking a table.

Pre-dinner cocktails at The Alchemist, post-dinner ale at The Old Contemptibles with a night at The Grand..... perfect (y)

I'm so sad the The Jekyll and Hyde has permanently closed it's doors, such a fantastic pub. Really hoping there is someone out there who can revive it.

Ianbutty

Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Forget any lockdown, as soon as this place is open I'm booking a table.

Pre-dinner cocktails at The Alchemist, post-dinner ale at The Old Contemptibles with a night at The Grand..... perfect (y)

I'm so sad the The Jekyll and Hyde has permanently closed it's doors, such a fantastic pub. Really hoping there is someone out there who can revive it.
Grand night out.

Roll on 2022...big year for the City.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Cracking picture but definitely not the best angle to truly show off the full extent of the Birmingham skyline :unsure:

In the next few weeks I'll try and make some time* to grab a picture from Tyseley or Adderley Park.

* I bet I forget

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Cracking picture but definitely not the best angle to truly show off the full extent of the Birmingham skyline :unsure:

In the next few weeks I'll try and make some time* to grab a picture from Tyseley or Adderley Park.

* I bet I forget

Yes please, that would be great mate (y)

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Lighting app has arrived.

2022/00277/PAThe Mercian 212-221 Broad Street City Centre Birmingham B15 1AYApplication to determine the details of conditions 12 (lighting scheme) and 24 (car park management and travel plan) attached to planning approval 2017/08357/PA17-01-2022

download (1).png
Photo credit to Metrogogo on Skyscrapercity.com (y)

51824386295_db5646c323_5k.jpg

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.