Greater Birmingham - Thread

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Had a cracking day in Birmingham over the bank holiday weekend, the amount of development going on is outstanding (y)

We had the kids with us so were kind of restricted to where we could go but everywhere we did manage to visit the vibe was just incredible. I think The Canal House is fast becoming one of my favourite places to chill out an have a couple of afternoon drinks, made even better by some great live music out the back (y)

I don't get to go as often as I used to but each time I do Central Birmingham just keeps getting better :)

The only downside was waiting an age for lunch in The Crown, they're forgiven as it was extremely busy due to the Birmingham Half Marathon. That and the champagne bars in and around Grand Central being totally full, Mrs F had hoped for a glass or two whilst waiting for the train home :ROFLMAO:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Meant to ask do we have any rough idea of when the 103CR restaurant is likely to be open? Itching to book a table and a night at The Grand.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
I have been informed mate it will be open Autumn 2022 so only a few more months to wait.

Thanks mate.

I'm assuming that it'll be difficult to get a table initially so I might aim for early 2023.

I've just had a read through SSC and the proposals for Smallbrook Queensway sound exciting. Looking forward to hearing more on that one (y)

Ianbutty

Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Congratulations to the Mighty Moors for reaching the Play Off final. Going camping next week end so I will miss the short trip up the line to Stratford to watch them.

Wish them all the best and their noisy fans a fantastic day out.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
HUB | Snow Hill Queensway | Mixed-Use | 47fl | Pre-App

2 Snow Hill, Birmingham - 47 Storeys

consultation today for 2 Snow Hill but website already launched.

Development by HUB residential of London & designed by MARK. Planning to be submitted later this year with final consultation in August.

Development of 462 apartments in the central business district.

More information coming sooooooooooooooooooooooon

1655407269265.png

1655407294099.png

Ianbutty

Feb 29, 2016
Essex

Development by HUB residential of London & designed by MARK. Planning to be submitted later this year with final consultation in August.

View attachment 26111

View attachment 26112
Class!

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Grab yourselves the Key to the city and explore lots of places that are normally out of bounds, running until August 2022.

One of them is the terrace on the 18th floor of 103 Colmore Row :love:

View attachment 26084

View attachment 26085

View attachment 26086

View attachment 26087

View attachment 26088

View attachment 26089

View attachment 26090

Cracking pictures and still plenty more to come :)

I appreciate the complexities involved but I hope that big brown things days are numbered.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham

View attachment 26111

View attachment 26112

Reminds me of Centre Point in London.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.