A quick round up of the other City Centre devlopments.

Timber Yard on Hurst Street, Southside (Residential)

Upper Dean Street, Southside (Student Accom)

Axium, Holloway Head (Residential)

Onyx, Lancaster Circus (Student Accom)

The Grand Hotel (Luxury Hotel)

Sherbourne Wharf, Westside District (Residential)

St Martins's Place, Broad Street (Residential)

Bath Court, Bath Row, Westside District (Student Accom)

3 Arena Central, Broad Street (Offices)

Exchange Square, Eastside (Residential)

Symphony Hall (Leisure)

These are not all the developments going on in the city centre but some of the bigger ones, hope it helps.

Was up at the viewing area today and 103 Colmore Row is definitely prominent on the skyline now.

I took a picture but only had my phone so the quality is awful (n)

Right then guys/gals for anybody who is passionate about 1: supporting a great charity and 2: Going to the top of Birmingham's tallest office tower then here you go. Sign up today, just tweet them like myself and you should get a reply. :love:

@103ColmoreRow We (Bam Construction) have proudly adopted Ronald McDonald House part of Children's Hospital as our project charity. We aim to raise over £15k & are offering people chance to go to the top of the slip form rig once we top out. £10 a person all for a great cause

Court Collaboration today submitted plans for the redevelopment of the Bull Ring Trading Estate site in Digbeth, to be known as “The Stone Yard”. The proposed scheme will provide 928 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with amenity space and 10,000 sq ft of retail and leisure. #CourtCollab

Looks excellent (y)

I'm not totally up to date with all that is happening but that side of Digbeth kind of reminds me of BHX, lots of talk but not so much action?

Something to brighten up this gloomy monday evening.

2nd tower crane is being erected on top of the core at 22 storeys :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Construction/Engineering at its best, however I wouldn't like to be up there today with all this wind and rain.

Not knowing Birmingham that well I've been interested to look at all the new deveopments that are taking place that seem to be transforming the city and its skyline.

Whilst looking for something else on YouTube I came across this short colour film of Birmingham's central areas as they were in 1964. I wonder what people who remember the Brum of 55 years ago think of the contrast that 2019 brings. 1964 probably looks rather quaint to some who weren't around then. The film fascinated me. I used to take 8 millimetre cine films as a hobby and I've got a collection of the UK and beyond as it was in those days and a bit later.

If this film has been linked previously in this thread please accept my apologies for the duplication.

The government is to open a hub in a prominent Birmingham building which will be home to about 1,700 civil servants from 2021.

The hub will be based at Platform 21, which is inside the former Woolworths building in the New Street Conservation area. It will be developed by LaSalle Investment Management working with development manager Evenacre.

It is the second hub to be announced for Birmingham and follows 3 Arena Central, which will house 3,600 staff when it opens in 2021.

This requirement will be taking the entire building which is approx 112,000 sq.ft.

The building is currently being redeveloped and will look like the below photo's.

Great news for the traditional centre of Birmingham which will bring in lots of new business for shops, bars and restaurants. And lots of new punters for our expanded Metro which goes straight past this development.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock