Had a cracking day in Birmingham over the bank holiday weekend, the amount of development going on is outstanding (y)

We had the kids with us so were kind of restricted to where we could go but everywhere we did manage to visit the vibe was just incredible. I think The Canal House is fast becoming one of my favourite places to chill out an have a couple of afternoon drinks, made even better by some great live music out the back (y)

I don't get to go as often as I used to but each time I do Central Birmingham just keeps getting better :)

The only downside was waiting an age for lunch in The Crown, they're forgiven as it was extremely busy due to the Birmingham Half Marathon. That and the champagne bars in and around Grand Central being totally full, Mrs F had hoped for a glass or two whilst waiting for the train home :ROFLMAO:

Meant to ask do we have any rough idea of when the 103CR restaurant is likely to be open? Itching to book a table and a night at The Grand.

I have been informed mate it will be open Autumn 2022 so only a few more months to wait.

Thanks mate.

I'm assuming that it'll be difficult to get a table initially so I might aim for early 2023.

I've just had a read through SSC and the proposals for Smallbrook Queensway sound exciting. Looking forward to hearing more on that one (y)

Congratulations to the Mighty Moors for reaching the Play Off final. Going camping next week end so I will miss the short trip up the line to Stratford to watch them.

Wish them all the best and their noisy fans a fantastic day out.

HUB | Snow Hill Queensway | Mixed-Use | 47fl | Pre-App

2 Snow Hill, Birmingham - 47 Storeys

consultation today for 2 Snow Hill but website already launched.

Development by HUB residential of London & designed by MARK. Planning to be submitted later this year with final consultation in August.

Development of 462 apartments in the central business district.

More information coming sooooooooooooooooooooooon

View attachment 26111

View attachment 26112

Development by HUB residential of London & designed by MARK. Planning to be submitted later this year with final consultation in August.

View attachment 26111

View attachment 26112
Class!

Grab yourselves the Key to the city and explore lots of places that are normally out of bounds, running until August 2022.

One of them is the terrace on the 18th floor of 103 Colmore Row :love:

View attachment 26084

View attachment 26085

View attachment 26086

View attachment 26087

View attachment 26088

View attachment 26089

View attachment 26090

Cracking pictures and still plenty more to come :)

I appreciate the complexities involved but I hope that big brown things days are numbered.

View attachment 26111

View attachment 26112

Reminds me of Centre Point in London.

Birmingham looking alot more colourful, even some of the most ugly buildings in the city have been covered up (y)

I can feel the buzz starting to rise in the city, West Midlands police were also out and about this morning in the helicopter flying over Digbeth/Smithfield which is an official CWG venue.

View attachment 26244

View attachment 26245

View attachment 26246

View attachment 26247

View attachment 26248

View attachment 26249

View attachment 26250

View attachment 26251

View attachment 26252

View attachment 26253

Birmingham looking alot more colourful

Was in Central Birmingham last weekend in the glorious sunshine and Mrs F (expat Yorkshire Lass) couldn't believe how great the city looked, so much so she's got her family heading down for a night out just before the games start to show them how fabulous it is.

It was great to see a tram heading up Broad St but it appears that it's just testing/training? It sure would be nice to see the whole route up and running sooner rather than later, the transformation of the whole area is just insane :love:

My only gripe is that New St really needs some attention. I think there is huge potential to line the whole street with bars, restaurants, coffee shops etc spilling out onto pavement (we're already probably over half way there) but the public realm really does need some attention, that awful paving for starters. Minor gripe though and something for the future.

Overall I've never seen my city look so great and hopefully the world will get to see beyond the stereotypical prejudices we've endured for so long and finally know just what we are all about. One of (if not the) most culturally diverse in cities in the nation/world it's time to showcase that no matter what, we are all Brummies together, collectively sticking our middle finger up at the rest of the country and their outdated preconceptions.

Birmingham, this is your time to shine....:love:

hopefully the world will get to see beyond the stereotypical prejudices we've endured for so long and finally know just what we are all about. One of (if not the) most culturally diverse in cities in the nation/world it's time to showcase that no matter what, we are all Brummies together, collectively sticking our middle finger up at the rest of the country and their outdated preconceptions.

Birmingham, this is your time to shine....:love:
Sadly, the stereotypical prejudice has endured for decades. Most outsiders still think of Birmingham as it's 1970's concrete jungle, which probably isn't helped by the view from the M6. Many years ago, when I was working at Aston University, a new researcher joined the group (he was from London). He absolutely refused to look at getting a property in Birmingham and drove in from Leicestershire every day. A year or so later, the research group moved to Nottingham University and an Italian girl joined us, who I got on with like a house on fire. One Saturday, I took her for a day in Birmingham. The same guy who wouldn't live in Birmingham told her 'you wont like, it's awful'. The look on his face on the Monday, when she told him Birmingham was 'fabulous', was priceless.
I also love the cultural diversity. You can dine at a restaurant of any nationality that you choose and walking around the food halls of The Bull Ring Market is really eye opening (I've seen fish that I never knew existed) and you can buy just about any ingredient that you can think of.
I've always said the Birmingham is Britain's best kept secret. And it just keeps getting better! I hope that the Commonwealth Games opens the eyes of both the rest of the country and the World to just what an exceptionally wonderful city it is.

Kevin

The beauty about birmingham is that, unlike others, we don't go on and on and on about it. We get on with life.

We are proud but also know when to laugh at it. The self deprecating humour when that Minister called it an awful place (whereas the folk in Blackpool moaned and moaned) was a joy.

This is a city that is proud that it was the birth place of the largest and most violent gang of crooks in the UK. Where rival fans kick the living daylights out of each at a football derby but they embrace at work the next day.

We laugh out our ridiculous accent. Spaghetti junction is our landmark and we even stick one over Venice with our canals.

But slowly and surely, with as little fanfare as we can muster, people are beginning to pay attention.

Be proud of Brum, but ssshhhhh, don't shout too loud as it will lose it wonderfulness and become another place that simply goes on and on and on and on.

I just hope the sport wins and the peripheral stuff is relegated to the realm of irrelevant. Legacy, political correctness, social inclusion etcetera, don't want or need it personally. The journalists , I am sure, are waiting to 'expose ' a matter of public interest just as the unions have timed transport disruption to coincide with the opening period of the games.

One thought of I may, given the problems at LHR currently, will some national delegations be arriving at BHX? If not already?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock