The one to watch is RYANAIR since they are exploring the possibility of creating a low-cost version of IAG. Domination can end badly. Ryanair Sun becoming the new Buzz, LaudaMotion? Who is next? Will we see Greybull Holidays resurrect Monarch?

More routes in the coming months?

BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT WELCOMES NEW AIRLINE LAUDAMOTION WITH FLIGHTS TO VIENNA

Birmingham Airport welcomes new airline Laudamotion with flights to Vienna

Today, Laudamotion, Austria’s low-cost airline has announced flights to Vienna direct from Birmingham Airport. Commencing October 2019, Laudamotion will be operating three weekly connections to the Austrian capital of Vienna.

Vienna was recently voted the most liveable city on the planet[1], and is known for its world-renowned art, culture and culinary delights.

lm-shooting_1.jpg

Tom Screen, Aviation Director, Birmingham Airport commented: “We are delighted to welcome Laudamotion as a new partner airline of Birmingham Airport. The three times a week service ensures passengers wishing to fly to the Austrian capital, now have even more choice from their local airport at competitive prices.

“Laudamotion operates to a number of European destinations and we look forward to working with the airline to expand further routes direct from Birmingham in the coming months.”

Andreas Gruber, Managing Director at Laudamotion said: “Our routes work because we have the right offer for price-sensitive customers. In particular, with our new City Shuttle routes, I'm sure to increase the traffic with our new non-stop service to and from Vienna.”

Laudamotion prices start at - €19.99 (one-way).

For more information please visit: www.laudamotion.com

Laudamotion is celebrating its first birthday with an exclusive discount: Valid today - travelers who book a flight on laudamotion.com will receive one 5 Euro voucher to redeem off their next flight.

https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk...r&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

great to finally see a new airline starting ops at BHX!

Interesting choice Vienna, as the flights are bookable via the Ryanair website, will the take up be better than Eurowings?

And how will Eurowings react? I hope it doesnt see them leave, but cant help but think these new flights might mean the end to their flights?

Awesome, blimey I might need to lie down. Its too much for me all this excitement. :ROFLMAO:

Im assuming they will operate from the old T2 with Ryanair.

Hopefully the start of a new low cost era at BHX ??

“Laudamotion operates to a number of European destinations and we look forward to working with the airline to expand further routes direct from Birmingham in the coming months.”

Tom is quoting further routes to come so watch this space !
Apart from Vienna at the moment they only have bases at Dusseldorf and Berlin which ends in April and Stuttgart begins at the end of the month..

Unless BHX is to become a new base ? :unsure:
Never really thought of that, I guess it's not beyond Ryanair to create another UK AOC for their subsidiary.

If they don't use the Eurohub they might have parking space to do so if they wanted.

I think Lauda (aka Ryanair) are good for the route and will generate new traffic which will hopefully benefit Eurowings too who have stuck at it despite very average loads, the demand is there !

I’m wondering if this route does well if Austrian Airlines will then start at Vienna flight at all? But happy at last we are finally getting a route to Vienna but let’s hope Luada (Austrian Ryanair) does well and isn’t anything like Ryanair Ryanair.

Tom is quoting further routes to come so watch this space !

How many months do we reckon he was talking about? :unsure:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock