Advertisement

Heathrow transfer help

Sawyer38

Apr 4, 2019
Preston
Thread starter #1
Hi I am flying from Manchester to Heathrow and then from Heathrow to Miami, we are scheduled to land at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 8:15 and the flight to Miami leaves at 10:40 from terminal 3. It’s the first time I have ever flew from London and the first time I’ve ever done a transfer, both flights are with BA.

can someone please explain what happens about security, suitcases and getting from one terminal to the other I am really worried as there are 5 kids with us and I want to be prepared for as much as I can.

Thank you you for any help you can give.

Advertisement

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
You will arrive in to one of the domestic arrival gates at the north end of the main T5 building. Follow the purple signs for "Flight connections T2/3/4" - basically go left at the top of the airbridge. If you arrive on a remote stand you will be bused to domestic arrivals, when you enter go up one level for connections, don't go past the glass gates as that's the route for arrivals.

There will be a Heathrow employee part way down to check your bp just to ensure you are going in the right direction. Abour another 100m after that on the left there are some escalators down signed for T2/3/4. Just join the queue down there for the T3 airside bus - they are usually every few minutes. There will be some AA agents down there who deal with AA passengers but you can obviously ignore them if you are on BA flights.

When you get to T3 follow the signs for "Flight connections T3". You will go through security and then you can walk to the airside departures area and wait for your flight.

From stepping off the MAN flight to getting to the airside departures area in T3 should take around 40-50 minutes. If you have checked bags then as long as both flights are on the same booking the agent at MAN should check them through and you won't need to see them at LHR - they will automatically be transferred across to T3 and on to the MIA flight.

Sawyer38

Apr 4, 2019
Preston
Thread starter #5
Thank you so much Karfa I really appreciate your help really puts my mind at ease I’m the type of person that hates to ‘see what happens’ I like to know exactly where to go and what to do so I’m prepared. Thanks again

Advertisement

Top Bottom