Advertisement

Bhutan Airways

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Thread starter Moderator #1
Ok so i wasn't sure where to post this so i created this thread for it. I've just watched a video by Youtube vlogger Sam Chui which shows a cockpit view of the flight from Kathmandu Airport in Nepal to Paro Airport in Bhutan. This flight flies over the Himalayas passing Everest to one of the worlds most dangerous approaches and the approach looks amazing, that's why i thought it might be worthy of sharing.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #2
Many thanks for that, Jerry. I enjoyed watching it. Incredible journey with close-ups of Mt Everest and the other mountains in the range. What a final approach with the airport only coming into view around the corner of another mountain almost at the last minute.

I once flew into Innsbruck in an Austrian Arrows F100. That was spectacular enough as we flew down the Inn Valley before turning 180 degrees onto approach, but this is really something else.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #3
Thank you for sharing @Jerry Watched it right through, the views look very spectacular indeed. Paro Airport in Bhutan looks amazing with numerous vantage points to view aircraft landing and departing from the airfield.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #6
And here's the spotting video of Paro airport! Definitely an amazing place to go plane spotting!
Is that on your list, Jerry? Another superb video from Sam Chui. Many thanks for the link.

Looking at the roads outside the airport, I noted that they drive on the left.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Thread starter Moderator #7
Is that on your list, Jerry? Another superb video from Sam Chui. Many thanks for the link.

Looking at the roads outside the airport, I noted that they drive on the left.
That would be a fantastic trip!

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
if you are in to interesting approaches/airports it's definitely up there in the top ten. i would love to do it at some point.

Advertisement

Top Bottom