• Forums4airports Statement re: Covid-19 after Prime Minister, Boris Johnson's address to the Nation at 20:30 on Monday, March 23rd 2020 Please be aware of the latest measures implemented by the UK Government this evening, It is now advising all persons to stay at home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. PLEASE we ask, with any movements due in the next few weeks to your local Airport, Military base or local airfield, that you DO NOT attend that airport, military base or airfield, no matter how special it maybe. No aircraft is worth your health, your families health and all those around you. Those aircraft will come back we are sure, so please, adhere to the Government's advice and stay at home. We wish every single one of our members, your families and loved ones the very best for the next few weeks and months ahead. Please, please do your bit to Help the NHS and all emergency services. Site Admin and Moderator Team

Cargo Operations

Advertisement

Carl0927

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Does Liverpool still have any Royal Mail flights?
I think that all went to EMA...or by road. Long time ago now. I think the post office building has gone too. Used to be lots of Shorts 330s and 360s late at night / early morning . Various operators.
TNT also operated a B727 and BAe 146 to Cologne and Luton.

Still cargo seems to be returning again the AN 42 are still in and out.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I think that all went to EMA...or by road. Long time ago now. I think the post office building has gone too. Used to be lots of Shorts 330s and 360s late at night / early morning . Various operators.
TNT also operated a B727 and BAe 146 to Cologne and Luton.

Still cargo seems to be returning again the AN 42 are still in and out.
Across in Yorkshire we had a program called "Close Up North" which featured Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside and Newcastle airports and the future prospects for each of the airports. For Liverpool I seem to recall it featuring the "hub & Spoke" mail operation. The airport looked so vibrant back then. I'm guessing it still is even without the Royal Mail operation. Still it's sad it came to an end.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Across in Yorkshire we had a program called "Close Up North" which featured Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside and Newcastle airports and the future prospects for each of the airports. For Liverpool I seem to recall it featuring the "hub & Spoke" mail operation. The airport looked so vibrant back then. I'm guessing it still is even without the Royal Mail operation. Still it's sad it came to an end.
It was ...but it was all at night mainly in the early hours to be honest I never saw the postal ops...too late at night. But you are talking also of the days pre Easyjet when you can only fly across the Irish Sea to IOM BFS and DUB plus LHR on a regular basis. The terminal building was much smaller then and we weren't processing 5M passengers in those days.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
There was also newspaper flights to IOM and BFS but again this must be so much less these days.

Top Bottom