• Admin
The official Summer take off – ‘Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport’ lands on screens for fifth year running
View attachment 13259

• ‘Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport’ returns to ITV for its fifth series giving viewers access all areas, guided by the voice of national treasure Dame Julie Walters
  • Documentary sheds light on the many teams based at Heathrow; from passenger experience managers and airfield operatives to the emergency services and Border Force officers
  • ITV’s long standing documentary brings to life the herculean efforts that go into making the airport the most efficient in the world
  • The first two episodes of the series cover drones, airside antics and tension in the terminal
Today ‘Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport’ (HBBA) is returning to screens for its fifth series, with narration by Golden Globe winner Julie Walters. The first two episodes of the series air tonight (21 May at 8.30pm) and tomorrow (22 May at 8pm) on ITV 1, following the success of over 4 million people tuning in per episode last year.​
The programme covers a range of daily challenges - from combatting snow and the precision required to direct large aircraft around a busy airfield; to assisting international passengers navigate the terminals and bird strike prevention. It’s all in a day’s work at Heathrow, where over 1,300 flights take off and land per day, over 140,000 tonnes of cargo are handled each month and 80 million passengers travel through in a year.​
Filmed over 3,000 hours across the airport’s four terminals, two runways and 76,500 colleagues, the 12-part-series casts a light on what life’s really like at the UK’s only hub airport. This year, the crew spent most of their time filming in Terminal 2, voted fourth best terminal in the world, shadowing the show contributors as they go about their daily tasks and respond to unexpected calls to duty.​
Heathrow Chief Executive John Holland-Kaye said: “‘Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport’ is a project that perfectly encapsulates our dedicated network of excellent colleagues, working around the clock to deliver a world-class airport service. The documentary gives millions of people a glimpse into the operations of one of the world’s busiest airports - and I can tell you from experience, there is never a dull day.”​
Heathrow Passenger Experience Manager and HBBA contributor, Demetrios Geniris said, “Filming the series has been fantastic - I built an excellent rapport with the crew and we had a lot of fun, capturing some of the great moments we share with passengers. I would do it again, 100%, in a heartbeat!!”​
ITV welcomes back previous season favourites and debuts new faces of the operation, many of whom live locally to Heathrow. The series will star colleagues from Cippenham, Bracknell and Richmond upon Thames, to name a few.​
Audiences can go behind the scenes on Heathrow’s dedicated HBBA website www.heathrow.com/hbba. There, viewers can find more information on Heathrow facts and figures, quizzes and competitions, the stars of the show and career opportunities available at the airport.​

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock