It's Rememberance day 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month the time (11o'clock)that the the guns fell silent in 1918 following the signing of the armistice of the war to end all wars since when the human race have spectacularly failed to do.

It's Rememberance day 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month the time (11o'clock)that the the guns fell silent in 1918 following the signing of the armistice of the war to end all wars since when the human race have spectacularly failed to do.

Not to take away the meaningful meaning behind the post.

But it’s not us meer humans that have failed to do so, it’s our leaders and particularly the interfering west (NATO) that have failed to stop wars. The politicians utter greed for making money from war will mean war is always inevitable. It’s also a good distraction tactic. Sadly.

As I don't know where to post this on Tuesday I had some news I never expected to hear whilst in Education I Currently do 2nd year Level 3 Creative Media. It was the things you ask out of Morbid Curiosity. So anyway I arrive into Class on Tuesday Morning first lesson of the week and our two of four tutors are there 3 of whom teach other classes but 1 was teaching and I assume the other one left it for his colleagues. They told us to gather in a Circle and sit down I thought a Rant was incoming, but no I wish it was. Many of you from the BHX thread and probably Nationally know know of that Street racing Crash in Oldbury on Sunday night thar killed a 16 year old Girl and a 19 year old boy. Well The Tutors told us that a First Year level 3 Media Student whose name is in the news so I won't give it away died suddenly on Sunday Night the other Tutor revealed it was in a Road Traffic Accident on Sunday Night they told us the name and she was the 16 year old who was killed. I didn't know the lass I had seen around College but it hit me as in Darlaston they do do these meets/drive like nutters along roads I sometimes walk down to and from Footie or the Bus Station luckily to my house it is only 5 minutes. But obviously her Classmates were given Time off and Councilling were cleared to deal with the aftermath her best mate had spoken to her via Msg like half an hour or so before she was killed. It further hit home as I always get Paranoid sometimes about never waking up or being killed and when it happens to someone who was doing my course at my college who was younger than me it just affected me I am now slightly over it but may the Lass RIP thoughts and Fellings out to her family, the First Years, the Tutors and Staff who knew her and her Friends and of course the Emergency Services who tried to save her. 16 is no age and what a Time to loose a Child a month or so before Christmas.

I'm deeply saddened to read of the news that you have posted. My thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of those who have been lost. But, it goes much further than that. Everyone at your college will be affected, as will the local community. It's so sad when lives are lost at such a young age. Life does not need to be lived at 1000mph, at that age there is so much more to come.

My sincere condolences to all affected.

Kevin

I'm deeply saddened to read of the news that you have posted. My thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of those who have been lost. But, it goes much further than that. Everyone at your college will be affected, as will the local community. It's so sad when lives are lost at such a young age. Life does not need to be lived at 1000mph, at that age there is so much more to come.

My sincere condolences to all affected.

Kevin
I don't think everyone College knows well perhaps now Staff did Students didn't but probably do now social media and all not many will be affected I think I heard a few discussing it. I saw her around College a couple of times and so to did a couple of my classmates a few others didn't know her at all and a few former Classmates on other courses are obviously sad but it hit me as I know stuff like this happens in Darlaston. And I saw her last Thursday I think I never really spoke to her but At first Glance I thought she was someone I knew from School when she walked past it wasn't and I confirm I don't know her from school. She lived in Dudley so obviously there in shock Pretty much she caught the Number 1 from Dudley to Tettenhall Getting off at College or maybe Wolvo occasionally to go to the City Idk. I think I might have seen on the Number 1 I sometimes get it to college but always getting back home as it's more frequent to get the 79. But yeah I text my mate who likes that thing and says he watches the cars to be careful as I don't want him to be next he is of a similar age I know him from School and he doesn't live far from me. But yeah our Tutors are obviously Sad by it and her Classmates distraught I noticed the Girl I am assuming was her best friend donated on her Justgiving now a 16 year old donating to a fellow 16 year Old's funeral they have raised nearly 10K on there is shocking. But obviously life can be taken away as I told my mate you think your invincible I haven't since Manchester which this reminds me of as I was 13 or 14 when that happened and kids my age were involved and for a few days School seemed like the safest place it was flat and the teachers looked drained. But no speaking to some Support Staff some had seen her some worked with her she wasn't Special needs I don't think but someone in her classes are or they worked with her in Maths or English and obviously they will remember her Postive memories and hopefully College do something to honour her. It will be interesting to see what happens next week

Sorry to learn of the sad news you report. Like you say it will be incredibly difficult for all those who knew her well especially at this time of the year. Message privately if you feel you need to talk.

Avaidor

Sorry to learn of the sad news you report. Like you say it will be incredibly difficult for all those who knew her well especially at this time of the year. Message privately if you feel you need to talk.

Avaidor
Cheers mate I am over it now It still lingers and makes me Weary of just how I could be next I don't watch like she did But I walk down Roads morons speed down. And obviously it still hits home when she did my course had she not maybe It wouldn't have she would have basically replaced me and my classmates next year. I expect us 2nd Years to maybe produce a Tribute to her to honour the fact she was a first year maybe finish her project off if she started one to hand in for her/put it on our technicians Hard drive so it could be put on her classmates Showcase which we present at the end of the Year as 2nd years the first years do help/turn up maybe for an hour or so until there Shift is over we man it all day. So if we do show anything of hers I expect her Family to be there which ay gonna be easy. I have never had anything like this happen in Education before I was a kid at Primary School when two teachers/ or TA's died I never really knew them or got affected by it but obviously being 16 as she was with me being two years older doing my course and with me sometimes thinking about this or having asked about or my classmates have it hits home you ask in a Joke/Morbid Curiosity way and now well we know. As I said RIP to the Lass Rest easy young lady and thoughts to her family, friends and The Staff

Great commiserations to you and all those that knew this girl. Dreadful for parents and friends.
Speeding is so rife at the moment, and no real Policing going on. It is just the same where i live in Birmingham.
Cars travel at double the 30mph limit, both night and day.
Inevitably, accidents will happen, but then it's too late!.
Very sad to read.

Great commiserations to you and all those that knew this girl. Dreadful for parents and friends.
Speeding is so rife at the moment, and no real Policing going on. It is just the same where i live in Birmingham.
Cars travel at double the 30mph limit, both night and day.
Inevitably, accidents will happen, but then it's too late!.
Very sad to read.
The Car meet started in Longbridge went into Halesowen and then through Oldbury. There must be a lot of speeders or girls walking into the road as since the lass died a Girl who was 15 was hit by a Car on Pedmore Road Merry Hill on the Friday before dying on the Monday on the Day after on the A460 near Hawkes Green another 15 year old was killed in a Car Crash both drivers stopped and weren't arrested. The lass who went to my college who I should probably give her her name which was Liberty died instantly we believe Paramedics tried but she was declared on scene. The two girls who died 1 from Merry Hill died in Birmingham Children's Hospital and 1 Died in Hospital after being Transported there on the same day. At least Liberty didn't suffer. She was very similar to me I learned she liked Football I support Albion she was a Wolves Fan but she had Albion in her family, she liked Cars and followed Non League Football there was a Tribute to her Sunday gone at Hydes Road Playing Feilds in Wednesbury which Had I not known about 5 minutes before I would have gone. There was a Balloon release, minutes appaulse and Silence for her. Her brothers play for the team they were losing 1-0 but won 1-3 to get to the Final. I saw her around College I think maybe a few times possibly, maybe outside as she caught the number 1 bus to Dudley home as I got off in Wolverhampton to get my bus home. But I wished I had spoke to her and got to know her but at the same time I wish I hadn't as it would have been harder for me to process that Liberty was killed but if I had maybe she wouldn't who knows. I did to make myself feel better and give some respects give a nice message to her dad. Her mum I don't think is Public on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- Her mum anyone familiar with Black Country Radio will know her she did the Morning Show and her daughter played the Weather Girl for any West Brom fans she also did the FanPark with her daughter who did DJ Decks. But yes may Liberty RIP taken far to young. I was over it and then my classmates started getting morbid about dying young triggering my anxiety and fears I have about it not helped by Liberty being killed. The tutor had to remind them that there had been a Tragedy in one of the other groups and that it was Sensitive due to my state. Someone asked about her the Support Worker so I explained it then got moaned at by a Girl who said she didn't want to hear about it. I usually get on with that girl but thar made me down. In theory had they (the girl who told me to stop wasn't involved) been Morbid I probably have said Idk man It's Sensitive I might have spoken about it but not felt so bad afterwards. I did speak to the tutor about it stating I had been to councillor left a nice message he was helping me then they got Morbid so he stopped it he didn't teach Liberty he would have on 2nd year I had him Level 2 but Liberty joined straight from School he obviously found it Sad but wasn't really affected by it like our other two Tutors who told us and I assume our Personal Tutor who might have taught Liberty to. Such a shame a beautiful girl personality wise and physically but maybe I overshadowed that on her personality a bright talented girl killed by Boy Racers taking her whole life, but may Young Liberty RIP Sleep Tight Young Lady, I will never forget you even though I didn't know you I wish I had got to know you.

Usually @Ray Finkle and I have a race to get the BBQ out first. (I won't be shocked if he's already dusted his off)

Hehe, you know me too well.

Actually had the first one of the year last night. I've been desperate to get the new BBQ lit since I bought it last month and as it was lovely and mild yesterday we thought why not? :)

St George's Day!

And nothing....
What is wrong with this country? Where are all the flags? Every other country celebrates it's national day, but not us. I love my country dearly and am proud of it's achievements over the centuries.

For England and St George!

But everyone will be out celebrating paddy's day. Maybe we're all secretly Irish? 😏

Happy St George's Day!!!

But everyone will be out celebrating paddy's day. Maybe we're all secretly Irish? 😏

Happy St George's Day!!!
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other countries celebrating their national day and I have Irish ancestry on my mothers side of the family, if I go back to at least my great, great grandfather. But, I feel this is too far back to claim to be Irish (unlike Pres Joe Biden).
I just wish that England also celebrated it's national day, rather than us being expected to feel ashamed that we are English.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock