Advertisement

TUi stop printing holiday brochures

TUi stop printing holiday brochures
banking-brochure-commerce-1374544.jpg

TUI have stopped supplying their holiday brochures, only way to book is looking at the internet or you can go into their store if you don't have access and book a holiday, i wonder how long these stores will remain open? The reason I was given was to help save the environment and because of the changes which happen between them being printed and the season starting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

More and more people are booking online these days and for those who would like a little extra help with their booking can still use the various independent travel firms such as Althams if they prefer. As for it being an environmental benefit, I think it's more likely to be a cost cutting exercise rather than a green initiative. With more and more people booking online surely they would've been printing less anyway?

Advertisement

TUI have stopped supplying their holiday brochures, only way to book is looking at the internet or you can go into their store if you don't have access and book a holiday, i wonder how long these stores will remain open? The reason I was given was to help save the environment and because of the changes which happen between them being printed and the season starting.
That is perfectly true and it most certainly will have been a cost cutting excercise and nothing to do with being Green. I wonder what else they might be contemplating in order to cut costs and save their ultimate bacon. This sort of move suggests to me that they are in a heap of trouble and when a company resorts to such tactics the only was is down I'm afraid. I won't mourn their demise however.

What does annoy me, and TUI are not the only culprit, is the thinking that all their past and future potential customers either have access to the internet and are happy to book online or make a journey, which depending where they live, can be a time consuming and costly business. This will put a fair few off booking with TUI altogether. (they probable won't realise at the time that they are doing themselves a favour.)

Interestingly it is the older generations who are more likely to book with traditional Inclusive Tour Operators the traditional way by choosing their holiday through a brochure and booking through a travel agent. So it would seem this move will likely affect their most loyal customers the most.

Advertisement

Top Bottom