We were wrong with our thoughts. Well done CWL and hope service gets well used,as it will be a case of use it or loose it.

We were wrong with our thoughts. Well done CWL and hope service gets well used,as it will be a case of use it or loose it.
Well you never know they might still launch Newcastle!
It is good news amongst all the gloom and doom lately.
It also looks like that from April it will go up from 6 weekly to 8 weekly being double daily on Fridays and Sundays.

Excellent news, and hopefully a start of a new partnership with Loganair. They are taking over an already established route, so should work out well for them. Just a shame about the late timings!

Excellent news, and hopefully a start of a new partnership with Loganair. They are taking over an already established route, so should work out well for them. Just a shame about the late timings!
I'm led to believe that they get earlier in the day after April with a 12.15 departure from Cardiff.
I really hope that people will back this service which may then encourage more from Loganair not just in extra frequencies but in other routes as well in the future!

Good to see Loganair linked with CWL again. They were going to operate a CWL-EDI route a few years ago after Flybe pulled out of CWL before returning a year or two later. CityJet began operating CWL-EDI so Loganair ditched their own plan. I don't think that they will pull out of their announced CWL-GLA.

Times for the Glasgow route.
Monday to Thursday
GLA-CWL 10.30-11.45 CWL-GLA 12.15-13.30 from 30th March
GLA-CWL 19.45-21.00 CWL-GLA 21.30-22.45 February and March only
Friday
GLA-CWL 14.10-15.25 CWL-GLA 16.00-17.15 starts 3rd April when the route will have 2 flights on Fridays
GLA-CWL 19.45-21.00 CWL-GLA 21.30-22.45
Saturday (14th March only for Six nations)
GLA-CWL 08.00-09.15 CWL-GLA 09.45-11.00
Sunday
GLA-CWL 09.15-10.30 CWL-GLA 11.05-12.20 begins 29th March when the route will have 2 flights on Sundays
GLA-CWL 18.05-19.20 CWL-GLA 19.50-21.05

As Glasgow is Loganairs hub i thought i would look at what connections are available from Cardiff. Some are only available on certain days.
Barra but only Barra to Cardiff, Benbecula, Campbletown, Derry, Donegal, Dusseldorf but only Dusseldorf to Cardiff, Islay, Kirkwall, Stornoway, Sumburgh and Tiree.

As Glasgow is Loganairs hub i thought i would look at what connections are available from Cardiff. Some are only available on certain days.
Barra but only Barra to Cardiff, Benbecula, Campbletown, Derry, Donegal, Dusseldorf but only Dusseldorf to Cardiff, Islay, Kirkwall, Stornoway, Sumburgh and Tiree.
Are they advertised connections with through ticketing and reasonably swift transfer times?

Are they advertised connections with through ticketing and reasonably swift transfer times?
These are on the Loganair website available through the flight search and yes they are through tickets. The transfer times seem to vary. Some are short and others long it seems to depend on the route. Some flights are quite expensive as well but others seem affordable.

With the airport having a meeting with Loganair next week what routes do people think that the airport would be trying to get the airline to operate?

Also I wonder if the airport team will go via Edinburgh or sneak over to Bristol and use Easyjet!

With the airport having a meeting with Loganair next week what routes do people think that the airport would be trying to get the airline to operate?

Also I wonder if the airport team will go via Edinburgh or sneak over to Bristol and use Easyjet!

might not be a bad thing them using easyjet, always good to see what the competition is doing.

I know they have a decent presence at both Norwich and Newcastle, but do they base outside of Scotland at all?
The E145 with 49 pax would be about the right size for a small one or two aircraft base at Cardiff if they can grease the wheels a bit with the new loan.

I imagine Aberdeen will definitely be up there with routes the airport will be looking at.

I know they have a decent presence at both Norwich and Newcastle,
Newcastle is a base not sure about Norwich.
I wouldn't be surprised if the airport would try and get them to takeover Munich, Milan and Verona. Whether Loganair would be interested is another matter! It would be nice if they launched Newcastle though!

It's possible that the new Flybe/Loganair codeshare agreement may well include the Flybe Cardiff to Edinburgh route, flights are loaded on Loganair's website with their flight numbers and Flybe's times but currently come up as sold out.

I wonder how Loganair's baggage allowance would work for a Flybe flight if booked through Loganair... Is there a general rule?

I wonder how Loganair's baggage allowance would work for a Flybe flight if booked through Loganair... Is there a general rule?
I'd have though that any Loganair customers would have to obey Flybe's hand luggage limit but that checked baggage wouldn't be any added extra as it's included in Loganair's price.

Just booked Loganair's inaugural flight from Cardiff to Glasgow on the 27th February. Looking forward to flying with a new airline and a new aircraft type the E145. Cost with seat selection was £50.99 one way includes a complimentary snack and a 15kg checked bag as well as a 6kg cabin baggage. Really looking forward to seeing what Loganair are like as an airline!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock