jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham/Austria
Given their fleet renewal and growth over the last few years I'm surprised there wasn't a Cathay Pacific thread in this section already.

Hopefully the cuts won't be too serious and they will be able to return to growth in the future.

Some very high profile destinations worldwide have been cut or had frequency reduced including New York, Washington and Paris.

Last edited:
One of our grandsons has been out working and playing cricket in Australia for the past year. He and his Australian girlfriend are paying a short visit to England in November for a wedding (not theirs). They have booked Melbourne-Heathrow via Hong Kong with Cathay.

He's not 'into' aviation so I shall have to keep a weather eye for any further developments. I hope that if anyone learns of any they post here. Many thanks.

In an analyst briefing, the Oneworld carrier states that one A320neo meant for HK Express – its newly-acquired low-cost arm – and three A321neos destined for Cathay Dragon will be deferred.

HK Express was originally due to take four A320neos next year, and Cathay Dragon, six A321neos.

2020 service changes - BCN planned to increase in frequency, CDG and FRA to decrease.

Cathay suffering a double whammy with the civil unrest and now with the Coronavirus.

Multiple frequency cuts and some routes off sale completely after certain dates.

Further to the previous post...

Cathay Pacific (CX, Hong Kong Int'l) is asking its 27,000-strong workforce to take three weeks unpaid leave between March and June as the Hong Kong-based carrier struggles to manage the impact of the Coronavirus on its operations, The South China Morning Post newspaper reported.

It's a worrying situation and it's likely to have a global impact on flying and also on the global economy.

777X orders are to be deferred beyond 2023. unsurprising news here, after almost two years of events that have been a perfect storm for Cathay Pacific.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock