Been a while since the Air Wales operation.
Air Wales ceased operating in 2006 but as the linked report says had abandoned their Swansea routes in 2004.

I'm not usually much bothered about airline liveries but I did think Air Wales's ATR42 colour scheme very striking - striking in its relative simplicity. Living on the southern edge of Bristol I often saw the Red Dragon tails glinting in the sunlight on bright summer evenings as aircraft headed towards Weston-super-Mare on their approach to CWL.

Once or twice in the very early 'noughties' a Concorde inbound from the USA to Heathrow could be seen at the same time having flown up the Bristol Channel. It presented something of a contrast with the ATR42. On such evenings my wife wondered at my sudden interest in gardening but quickly cottoned on as she watched me looking skywards most of the time.

It was a great pity that Air Wales disappeared. Probably too small an operation in today's cut-throat airline business.

Air Wales ceased operating in 2006 but as the linked report says had abandoned their Swansea routes in 2004.

I'm not usually much bothered about airline liveries but I did think Air Wales's ATR42 colour scheme very striking - striking in its relative simplicity. Living on the southern edge of Bristol I often saw the Red Dragon tails glinting in the sunlight on bright summer evenings as aircraft headed towards Weston-super-Mare on their approach to CWL.

Once or twice in the very early 'noughties' a Concorde inbound from the USA to Heathrow could be seen at the same time having flown up the Bristol Channel. It presented something of a contrast with the ATR42. On such evenings my wife wondered at my sudden interest in gardening but quickly cottoned on as she watched me looking skywards most of the time.

It was a great pity that Air Wales disappeared. Probably too small an operation in today's cut-throat airline business.

I actually flew on them, was in South Wales on business , I took their flight to LCY. Remember being offered Barra Brith with my cup of tea. Agree was a nice livery.

Ironically, Swansea City FC flew into Liverpool yesterday after with Eastern in a SAAB 2000. I don't know where they originated from I'm guessing CWL . Aircraft G CERZ

credit NWAN

Ironically, Swansea City FC flew into Liverpool yesterday after with Eastern in a SAAB 2000. I don't know where they originated from I'm guessing CWL . Aircraft G CERZ

credit NWAN
Yep from Cardiff. They used global trek.

As for Air Wales it's such a shame that they aren't around. Wales could do with a national airline.

Yep from Cardiff. They used global trek.

As for Air Wales it's such a shame that they aren't around. Wales could do with a national airline.

I also remember the charter carrier before ( Airways Cymru ) with their 1-11s .

Swansea City are playing away at Wigan today in the EFL Championship.

Airways International Cymru had a mixed fleet and mixed livery for that matter consisting of 1-11s and 737-300s with one 200 series. They were around in the mid 80s for four years but I'm not sure whether they used Swansea or if their aircraft were too large.

Swansea City are playing away at Wigan today in the EFL Championship.

Airways International Cymru had a mixed fleet and mixed livery for that matter consisting of 1-11s and 737-300s with one 200 series. They were around in the mid 80s for four years but I'm not sure whether they used Swansea or if their aircraft were too large.

They had quite a.nice Livery too, I think they were not exclusively operating from Wales and would pop up at various UK airports.

Im sure Swansea would have had seasonal Channel Island flights at one time. When you think back there were many small airports around the UK that did...Staverton ,Carlisle, Cambridge Coventry ,Lydd all come to mind.

They had quite a.nice Livery too, I think they were not exclusively operating from Wales and would pop up at various UK airports.
They operated a lot of IT fights for tour operators from BRS as well as CWL, and possibly other UK airports as well.

Im sure Swansea would have had seasonal Channel Island flights at one time. When you think back there were many small airports around the UK that did...Staverton ,Carlisle, Cambridge Coventry ,Lydd all come to mind.
Air Wales operated JER flights (and other routes) from Swansea for a while before pulling out and tranferring their hq to CWL.

According to a post on Swansea Airports ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page scheduled services will restart from the airport at the end of March with flights to Exeter Airport. Airline to be announced but suggestions it could be Air Alderney as they visited the airport last year.

According to a post on Swansea Airports ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page scheduled services will restart from the airport at the end of March with flights to Exeter Airport. Airline to be announced but suggestions it could be Air Alderney as they visited the airport last year.
I hope this works out but it sounds like linking nowhere with nowhere. I don't mean to be unkind but really need a connection to somewhere people want to go.

I hope this works out but it sounds like linking nowhere with nowhere. I don't mean to be unkind but really need a connection to somewhere people want to go.
It does seem an odd one but it maybe all they can get for now and is just too prove passenger services can work.

Interesting

It does seem an odd one but it maybe all they can get for now and is just too prove passenger services can work.
It is an odd one, but a long drive, so would be a quick hop.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock