• Admin
Bristol Airport Recruiting Firefighters to Join Team

View attachment 15120

The role of a Bristol Airport Firefighter is not what you would expect. Despite its name, it is not all about fighting fires. Whilst responding to emergency situations and requests for help will be part of the job, being a Firefighter involves so much more. Successful applicants will take part in emergency response simulation exercises, deliver training workshops to colleagues on first aid, manual handling and general safety, promoting fire safety standards to Airport colleagues and be able to keep a cool head in a crisis.

Bristol Airport is looking for people who can work as part of a team, have different strengths and experiences, are self-motivated, with good levels of fitness and stamina and able to work under pressure. No previous experience is necessary as all training will be provided through an extensive on-the-job training programme.

Alex Morrow, Resourcing Manager, Bristol Airport said:

“Our firefighters have very different backgrounds and bring with them different strengths and experiences. A firefighter at Bristol Airport means being part of a family, working in a supportive environment, meeting high and professional standards and proud of the work they do. Other attributes we look for include being a team player, being conscientious and working proactively every day. If you are looking for a job with a difference, in an exciting and dynamically changing business, we would love to hear from you.”

To find out more information about the role from 23 October until 13 November, please visit the careers page on the website to find out more information https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/about-us/careers

Over 4,000 people are employed at the Airport across 50 companies covering a wide range of job roles. The website is regularly updated for all current vacancies including those offered by Business Partner organisations.

So are the firefighters employed directly by the airport or the local fire service does anyone know?

The last batch did not fight a single fire or aircraft incident since they have been employed. 40 years with no action must be boring despite all the simulation exercises and mock rescues.

The last batch did not fight a single fire or aircraft incident since they have been employed. 40 years with no action must be boring despite all the simulation exercises and mock rescues.
Well surely that's what they want as generally if they are called into action its serious.

There have been lots of incidents though. Aircraft leaving the runway in the 2007 resurfacing fiasco; bmi regional ditto a couple of years ago; the heavy landing of a Thomson B767 in 2010 causing million of pounds worth of damage to the aircraft are some that instantly come to mind. I'm sure that there have been many other less publicised incidents when the airport fire brigade has been on readiness.

I can see wher kraktoa is coming from but it's like insureance. You need it but hope you never have to use it.

Its got to be a record to be proud of with no serious aircraft fires.A few years back they got called to a suspect fire in the old terminal building.They do many tasks and the most important task is snow clearance.Well done to the whole airport staff with no big incident.

You wouldn't believe the amount of call outs an airport fire service gets.

Aren't they usually on standby close by when aircraft are refueling as well and during landings? From observations at Cardiff, the Cardiff crews always seem pretty busy.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock