Already getting wet and wild out there, so I would guess that this thread will be very busy today with reports of planes in the hold and being diverted elsewhere.

Already getting wet and wild out there, so I would guess that this thread will be very busy today with reports of planes in the hold and being diverted elsewhere.
Current METAR showing wind at 12KT although Met. Office forecast for LBA currently showing wind at 23KT gusting to 43 kt with gusts in the high forties all day. All flights ok at the moment but looks like it’s going to hot up later. Can’t wait for the usual article in the Daily Mail together with a video of LBA describing the terror in the air as the aircraft come into land sideways!

Current METAR showing wind at 12KT although Met. Office forecast for LBA currently showing wind at 23KT gusting to 43 kt with gusts in the high forties all day. All flights ok at the moment but looks like it’s going to hot up later. Can’t wait for the usual article in the Daily Mail together with a video of LBA describing the terror in the air as the aircraft come into land sideways!

Dont forget the passengers screaming that the end is nigh and hero pilots battling to avoid hospitals/orphanage (delete as applicable)

you mean a perfectly well skilled landing in slightly adverse weather! they would never publish that! lol

TAF: EGNM 101100Z 1012/1112 19020G32KT 9999 FEW012 SCT018 TEMPO 1012/1016 20026G42KT 5000 RA BKN010 PROB30 TEMPO 1012/1016 4000 +RA BKN007 BECMG 1016/1018 25018G30KT TEMPO 1016/1020 6000 RA PROB40 TEMPO 1016/1020 3000 +RA BKN008 BECMG 1100/1103 22012KT PROB30 TEMPO 1103/1112 21015G25KT

Some fun landings this evening and tomorrow.

Jetstream 41 G-MAJY(Eastflight 043P) being vectored onto ILS, runway 14(1300) positioning in from Humberside

It may be considered something to joke about on here but I think it is a factor (how significant I don't know) in why some passengers prefer to fly from other airports where usually the landing is less dramatic rather than use LBA.
It scares my parents to death landing at Leeds but I always say to them a hard touchdown is actually good at Leeds and for a reason.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock