Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

Advertisement

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
Always nice to know if there is any problems at airports for what ever reason. The information has to be right or there is a few on forums that will try and slaughter who ever,all forums have them.

Finger66

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
After a month of waiting since the original post I now think we are forever waiting. What I don't get is, despite infrastructure that does need to be, and will be, improved, why airlines don't recognise the potential LBA has. It's no coincidence that LS have made it work. And if Capital had still been around today then whilst we might not have had LS, Capital would have had 30 years at it

fight2win

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
After a month of waiting since the original post I now think we are forever waiting. What I don't get is, despite infrastructure that does need to be, and will be, improved, why airlines don't recognise the potential LBA has. It's no coincidence that LS have made it work. And if Capital had still been around today then whilst we might not have had LS, Capital would have had 30 years at it
this is what I don't get as well,why airlines don't recognise the massive potential LBA has and like you say jet2 made it work big time and that's with a poor infrastructure. The airport is just sat there with a massive catchment area that any new airline/s would make big profits.
I do believe that with big investment in a new terminal this will attract new operators to some degree. reg the new terminal what is happening,anyone got a clue whats going on?

Offint

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
this is what I don't get as well,why airlines don't recognise the massive potential LBA has and like you say jet2 made it work big time and that's with a poor infrastructure. The airport is just sat there with a massive catchment area that any new airline/s would make big profits.
I do believe that with big investment in a new terminal this will attract new operators to some degree. reg the new terminal what is happening,anyone got a clue whats going on?
Yes its that shit runway we have fight2win you know that....you keep going on about it!
When Jet2 came to LBA it wasn’t much better than DSA, they had very little to lose and everything to gain...very clever man Mr Meeson, ex pilot, businessman and found that little airport with the crappy infrastructure but what a great place to start an airline...massive catchment area, and the rest is history.

fight2win

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
Yes its that shit runway we have fight2win you know that....you keep going on about it!
When Jet2 came to LBA it wasn’t much better than DSA, they had very little to lose and everything to gain...very clever man Mr Meeson, ex pilot, businessman and found that little airport with the crappy infrastructure but what a great place to start an airline...massive catchment area, and the rest is history.
Any mention of the runway in my last message? no!

Top Bottom