Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

Bigman

Jan 14, 2009
A1 not coming up beyond Horsforth roundabout and A2 and A3 now suspended. Snow chance of getting around today.

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Well imagine if we had a full programme today with life as normal.

Also the council need to take ownership for their failure here. No gritters out last night. Roads which normally passible when it snows, for as long as I can recall, have suddenly become hazards and standstill traffic.

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk

Also the council need to take ownership for their failure here. No gritters out last night. Roads which normally passible when it snows, for as long as I can recall, have suddenly become hazards and standstill traffic.
i fully agree with you there, last friday i happened to be in harrogate when we had the last snow fall, not one gritter out and all the big main roads were totally blocked up with snow! today in baildon now 1ft of snow in places and cut off roads that bad!

quik123

Oct 26, 2014
i fully agree with you there, last friday i happened to be in harrogate when we had the last snow fall, not one gritter out and all the big main roads were totally blocked up with snow! today in baildon now 1ft of snow in places and cut off roads that bad!
Gritters out in Bradford last night, but with this much snow a bit of grit on the roads won't have made a scrap of difference!

ls27

Aug 19, 2009
Gildersome
Problem with gritting last night was that it was raining and any salt put down would have been washed away, plus the fact that forecasting snow, never mind timing of it. It is difficult because of the location of the British Isles.Snow wasn't on the ground where I live at 4.45 am, but I heard the gritter at about 5.30 when there was snow .Half a degree up or down, makes all the difference, as does height above sea level. Most of the time gritting relies on the road temperature warning given to each Highway Authority by the Met Office, and at other times people driving round the high risk areas checking. I've had to do that many times to check what was happening on the ground.

ChrisBBB

Jun 2, 2014

To be fair, with the extremely heavy rain for several hours this morning before the snow kicked in, gritting would’ve been pretty futile as it would’ve been washed away.
I was up at 4.30 for the cricket and the rain was relentless until close to 7am.

a300boy

Premium Member
Subscriber
Dec 8, 2010
Leeds Area
My brother thinks the same he deserted Horsforth for the head 20 plus years ago !
No good to me too many pubs and no airport near enough except Eddsfield.

Seasider

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
My brother thinks the same he deserted Horsforth for the head 20 plus years ago !
No good to me too many pubs and no airport near enough except Eddsfield.
There are plenty big and small airliners flying overhead - as long as the sun is shining. (which it has been today)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.