I’m sure airlines factor that in when looking at divert rates - I do wonder if that’s why LBA can be a bit dearer as airlines know. (Well that’s the accountant in me!). It be interesting to do a 12 month view when the kinder weather arrives and we’ve had a full summer schedule with hopefully fewer twists and turns as winter does seem to have been a bit bumpy!
I'm not sure you'll find any serious evidence to back up your claim that LBA is more expensive. Whatever it says on the airport website doesn't really apply in practice as airports do individual deals with airlines. These deals usually depend on the number of passengers an airline can get through the terminal doors not the number of times aircraft tyres kiss the runway.

Pretty much everything is late today. No doubt mainly caused by the effects of the French ATC having a day off, but also the impact of the snow yesterday and the ongoing overnight closure to carry out runway repairs. It's all a bit of a perfect storm right now.
Some if not all flights were relying on buses to get passengers instead of using the walkways due to safety which is a slow process causing delays.

Info on the tech Wizz. Parked on stand 14 facing nose out.

Pretty much everything is late today. No doubt mainly caused by the effects of the French ATC having a day off, but also the impact of the snow yesterday and the ongoing overnight closure to carry out runway repairs. It's all a bit of a perfect storm right now.
Weather forecast for tonight looks a bit dodgy too.

Parents return flight from ALC into LBA at 23.00 cancelled due to french atc strike, although im betting the snow due this eve has something to do with cancellation and the fact the aircraft may be back much later due to altered flight plan to avoid france.
Must admit the process of rebooking a cancelled flight on the ryanair site was quite an easy process!

Strong winds forecast on Monday and potentially heavy snow on Wednesday evening. You really couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

Parents return flight from ALC into LBA at 23.00 cancelled due to french atc strike, although im betting the snow due this eve has something to do with cancellation and the fact the aircraft may be back much later due to altered flight plan to avoid france.
Must admit the process of rebooking a cancelled flight on the ryanair site was quite an easy process!
The ALC flight was due to be done by EI-EMI which is now scheduled to fly to KRK

I’m sure airlines factor that in when looking at divert rates - I do wonder if that’s why LBA can be a bit dearer as airlines know. (Well that’s the accountant in me!). It be interesting to do a 12 month view when the kinder weather arrives and we’ve had a full summer schedule with hopefully fewer twists and turns as winter does seem to have been a bit bumpy!
Yes, that’s a good point. Once Wizz have been here for a year and seen the better weather their diversions will seem much less. The overall rate is distorted currently.

Strong winds forecast on Monday and potentially heavy snow on Wednesday evening. You really couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

The ALC flight was due to be done by EI-EMI which is now scheduled to fly to KRK
There due to fly back on the 22nd march now which is no bad thing as the weather in ALC is very good at present with high temperatures, unlike here!

There due to fly back on the 22nd march now which is no bad thing as the weather in ALC is very good at present with high temperatures, unlike here!
Showing 29c on the Alicante Airport site.
And it's snowing again for the last hour, but here in Cookridge not settling properly yet. Hope it's the same in the runway. They need under runway heating!

11 out of 306. I think you get what you pay for. But a 3.58% cancellation rate is impressive for a beast such as wizz.
Yes, and the fact is that if Wizz were that bothered about the 10 plane loads they left at LBA after our inbounds were diverted, they wouldn't have a policy of flying back empty in the first place.

The fact is that their business model and aircraft utilisation dont allow for hanging around for passenger transfers, nor funding the transportation. They obviously feel that doing so when they charge such low fares is overly generous.

With Wizz you really do get what you pay for as long as the weather doesn't intervene. I'm sure that this situation isn't confined to routes into or out of LBA. There will be many other occasions where this happens that we know nothing about.

Last edited:
Showing 29c on the Alicante Airport site.
And it's snowing again for the last hour, but here in Cookridge not settling properly yet. Hope it's the same in the runway. They need under runway heating!
Yes its been unbelievably hot in ALC, 29c for the start of march is a good temp and to stay warm! South east spain generally has the mildest climate in europe during winter, could do with a bit of their heat up here as it appears winter has arrived in the uk!

Yes, that’s a good point. Once Wizz have been here for a year and seen the better weather their diversions will seem much less. The overall rate is distorted currently.
Thats the point I was trying to get across. If they review diversion rates at 6 monthly intervals it will look bad. Once 6 months of diversion free summer weather is factored in it will seem much better.

Thats the point I was trying to get across. If they review diversion rates at 6 monthly intervals it will look bad. Once 6 months of diversion free summer weather is factored in it will seem much better.
According to LBA the annual diversion rate across a full year is around 1%, so there's no reason to expect that by November 2023, the Wizz diversion rate will be any different..

No, it isn't. You claimed there was no ILS. There was still an ILS that was operating at Cat 1 only...
Not quite. There was nothing wrong with the ILS, so still operating as a CAT3 system. Because there was something else faulty ie generator backup. The airport was unable to offer CAT3 approach. CAT3 approach is much more than just ILS and I was frustrated by some that continued to post here that there was a problem with ILS. Fake news!

Not quite. There was nothing wrong with the ILS, so still operating as a CAT3 system. Because there was something else faulty ie generator backup. The airport was unable to offer CAT3 approach. CAT3 approach is much more than just ILS and I was frustrated by some that continued to post here that there was a problem with ILS. Fake news!
True. I should have said ' available as Cat1 only'. I was just trying to emphasize that statements that there was no ILS were unfounded.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock