Table 2 in the link gives maximum Flight Duty Period. The crew had the hours (just), and the airport was due to open the runway for them. But the aircraft had a lighting strike on the way into Antalya that required an inspection, which then delayed everything.

Wizz Air Airbus 321 HA-LXD operating the service from Warsaw Chopin has diverted into Luton. The FR24 flight history shows a deviation towards LTN at the Dutch coast. Any ideas why?

BH
METAR for LBA looks OK, so possibly a medical emergency? FR24 shows departure from LTN to LBA at 08:20, so less likely to be a tech issue.

METAR for LBA looks OK, so possibly a medical emergency? FR24 shows departure from LTN to LBA at 08:20, so less likely to be a tech issue.
The weather here is overcast with drizzle, but otherwise fine. Little in the way of wind. The other Wizz and two Aer Lingus ATR72s all landed ok, so yes, sounds like a medical emergency or a misbehaving customer . However if the latter, they may as well have come to LBA!

The flight departed Leeds an hour late which meant it wasn’t going to be back before 0100 when we had to close

Jet2 made an early decision to send the inbound to Manchester which meant the airport could close at 2300 to accommodate the runway repair teams
Welcome to the forum Threegreens, and thanks. Presumably the overnight repairs are due to finish very soon?

Further works are planned towards the end of the month consisting of overnight closures.

C1565/23 NOTAM
Q) EGTT/QMRLC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5352N/00140W/005
A) EGNM
B) 28-03-2023 01:25
C) 01-04-2023 05:00
D) 28 0125-0500 2200-2359, 29 0000-0500 2300-2359, 30 0000-0500, 31 0000-0500, 01 0125-0500
E) RWY 14/32 CLOSED FOR WIP
F)
G)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock