I read elsewhere that earlier in the day an SAS A320 couldn't get into MAN, and diverted all the way to Bristol, which seems a strange thing to do given that LPL, LBA, BHX and EMA are all considerably nearer. LBA was rather quiet at the time so no obvious reason why LBA couldn't have taken the divert.

It's a common misconception within the enthusiast community to think airports divert aircraft to neighbouring airports. The decision to divert and where to divert is made by the airline company and ultimately the captain of the flight concerned. Their decision where to divert to may take into account many factors such as overnight airfield closures; handling availability; the local weather; company contracts along with many other factors.

It's a common misconception within the enthusiast community to think airports divert aircraft to neighbouring airports. The decision to divert and where to divert is made by the airline company and ultimately the captain of the flight concerned. Their decision where to divert to may take into account many factors such as overnight airfield closures; handling availability; the local weather; company contracts along with many other factors.
Dont forget also that LBA has stand by aircraft as well as crews at LBA.
By a strange coincidence I am watching G-JZHR land at Lanzarote on my split screen as I type this (2.24pm)

Dont forget also that LBA has stand by aircraft as well as crews at LBA.
By a strange coincidence I am watching G-JZHR land at Lanzarote on my split screen as I type this (2.24pm)

I am generalising as there aren't standby crews for say Loganair, British Airway or SAS for example. Standby crew or aircraft at Leeds will be limited to Jet2, Ryanair and maybe Eastern Airways.

No argument with that but it still seemed an odd decision to divert a MAN-bound aircraft all the way to Bristol when there must surely have been closer alternatives. It's not even as if BRS has current links with SAS. Furthermore, that airport doesn't usually take many diversions because of a lack of space.

Leeds based Ryanair Boeing 737-800, EI-EMK has gone tech at with some kind of Auto pilot problem. Hence the is a big delay to this afternoon's outbound FR2446 to Malaga.

The Ryanair owned Learjet M-ABJA positioned in from London Stansted at around 14.15, possibly with engineer/spare part.

Looking at the schedule Ryanair are not going to have an aircraft to operate this evenings LBA-DUB-LBA FR157/156 rotation as all 3 based aircraft are out in service. So I guess we could expect a an aircraft to position in empty from somewhere shortly.

or a DUB based aircraft.

I guess what ever they do, they need to get the FR157 out and FR156 in before the runway closure at 22:30. Will be interesting to see how the deal with it.

Or they might try run this on a Dublin based unit with just a delay to the LBA - Dub leg. Curfew permitting of course

Well if its DUB crew operated with the FR156 DUB-LBA service ran to scheduled flight time its due into LBA at 22:05. So that would give them 25 mins to turn around the aircraft and get the delayed outbound FR156 away. Its do able without picking up any delays, but a bit risky if you ask me!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock