The delayed EXS202 flight from AMS has deserted LBA after doing some circuits and is now heading to NCL. He should have landed about 10 am in Leeds but will now get into NCL about 11.30. Happy passengers!

The delayed EXS202 flight from AMS has deserted LBA after doing some circuits and is now heading to NCL. He should have landed about 10 am in Leeds but will now get into NCL about 11.30. Happy passengers!

Nobody likes diverting away elsewhere, but in this instance surely it's better to safe than sorry?

Ls 232 just landed safely.....Mind you from the look of it on the webcam it might have been, what you call memorable!!...Ls 432 from Budapest lining up for a go now..

Down safely first time..Have to say this webcam, even in the middle of a hooley, is very good

I saw a Jet2 737 go around around 3.30 pm,, but right behind a couple of Jet2 800s landed first time - only to be followed by an E195 (I assume the Flybe from Newquay) go around, but it made a 2nd approach and I assume it landed (but not sure). I guess with that wind and the strength of gusts it is a matter of getting lucky on final approach. I would also think that other airports would have found it tricky too today. Incidentally, this evenings Aer Lingus Regional flight from Dublin is cancelled.

Incidentally, this evenings Aer Lingus Regional flight from Dublin is cancelled.

Tonight's Dublin-Leeds rotation cancellation is the last of the pre-planned one's that I posted on the Aer Lingus thread quite a while ago.

For details see https://forums4airports.com/threads/3041/page-8#post-160577

Taking a wild guess the aircraft is been used to operate one of the many Dublin-Cardiff charters for this weekend's RFU Six Nations game...He's me hoping Ireland can do England a big favour tomorrow afternoon...

G-PRPF(Jersey 729), EI-FAW(Stobart 9LB), G-EUPB(Shuttle 1340) all currently holding over LBA(0855)
Current RVR 175/175/200 metres
BA needs 200 at touchdown and the other two need 300

Actually I have answered my own question now. There is no vis limit, but there is an RVR limit of no less than 200m.

The BA Airbus 319/320/321 fleet is certified to CAT3B standards so that takes the RVR down to a minima of 75m at most suitably equipped airports. BA's SOP for RW 32 states a figure in excess of 200 m due to various constraints / variables i.e wind direction, strength, LDA etc.

It's parked on about stand 11 as I write this. It definitely landed here at Leeds Bradford !

I've just checked his tracking on flightradar24 which definitely confirms the inbound TOM5GB from Palma operated by Boeing 737-800, G-FDZT initially diverted to Manchester before eventually re-positioning into Leeds to operate the outbound TOM63H back to Palma.

TOM5GB PMI-LBA (Diverted to MAN)
View attachment 13134

TOM5GB re-positioning flight from MAN to LBA
View attachment 13135

Yes, this was an interesting diversion even if only because Manchester has a No Diversions NOTAM in 0lacd until 31st July. I suspect it was therefore a "pre-planned" operational reroute.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock