Perhaps, as the return loads would be very low at the moment (it being the start of the season), they loaded a few MAN passengers onto the LBA flight too, dropping them off at MAN first and then heading over to LBA to drop off the rest before picking up the outbound load.

I believe the airlines were told to reduce flights France flights by 35%. The problem is that there are only 2 flights per week so a lot of people will be disappointed.

Jet2's Boeing 757-200WL, G-LSAN has just aborted his take-off run operating the "EXS80D" (LS215) service from Leeds to Bodrum. His returned to stand and reported a air conditioning issue.

Looks like they have done a tail swap with the spare aircraft as Boeing 757-200, G-LSAK has just started up as EXS80D for Bodrum.

Another flight cancellation by Ryanair due to the on-going French ATC strike.. This time its the evening FR2047/2048 ACE-LBA-ACE rotation.
I don't get that. If Ryanair wished to, they could surely operate down to ACE following the same routes asJet2, via Ireland, straight down the Atlantic from the southern tip of Ireland and passing close to Madeira. This takes them nowhere near French airspace.

Oh dear the on going French ATC strike is causing some major problems for LBA's 2 big operators Jet2 and Ryanair this evening. We have 10+ flights now due to arrive after midnight.

22:50 Malaga - FR2447 = EXPECTED 03:00
23:30 Alicante - FR9078 = EXPECTED 01:20
23:40 Ibiza - FR2487 = NOW DUE 00:41
23:40 Malaga - LS266 = EXPECTED 01:40
00:40 Antalya - LS214 = EXPECTED 01:20
01:15 Tenerife - LS224 = EXPECTED 01:20
01:30 Las Palmas - LS478 = EXPECTED 01:40
01:45 Heraklion - LS444 = EXPECTED 01:20
02:10 Arrecife - LS218 = EXPECTED 06:00
02:15 Bodrum - LS216 = EXPECTED 03:10

I don't get that. If Ryanair wished to, they could surely operate down to ACE following the same routes asJet2, via Ireland, straight down the Atlantic from the southern tip of Ireland and passing close to Madeira. This takes them nowhere near French airspace.

having been the victim of these clowns on a Stansted bound flight from FUE we were delayed hours. The captain explained that this longer route was slot booked and not available to them. Maybe they didnt ask in time

I'm lead to believe that Ryanair crews can't fly the Atlantic routeing down to the Canary Islands from the UK or Ireland like Jet2 and other airlines do as there Boeing 737-800's are not fitted with the Radio/Receiver equipment that enables them to be able to do so..
Hence you'll always find Ryanair aircraft using the busy airways routeing s. eg via the Bay of Biscay & Portugal

Last edited:
Come on lbaspotter !
do not tell me you have not googled it already ? thats why I didnt specify what it is.
Minimum Navigation Performance Specification is required to operate in oceanic airspace and the crew and equipment must be
certified by the state.
The rules have probably changed since my Dan-Air days so my knowledge of the subject is a little hazy.
It all costs Money so Ryanair most likely do not need it normally so hence a problem once the french airspace is closed.
I could bore you to death with my stories of how we coped with the problem in those days but might be a better time in Multiflights cafe to do so.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock