With regard to the earlier incident I’ve noticed this on Twitter. There’s claims that pilot error could have been a cause.
Regarding the Twitter post highlighted in black and white (not originally posted by LBAspotter). Basically this was nonsense. The aircraft landed normally and burst a tyre. The aircraft stopped within required distances and the pilot tried to clear the runway to avoid blocking the runway. From Delta taxiway there is around 600m of concrete remaining so more than enough surface to stop. It was just an unfortunate day. Tyre bursts are fairly common and thankfully nearly all pass without any major todo.

Regarding the Twitter post highlighted in black and white (not originally posted by LBAspotter). Basically this was nonsense. The aircraft landed normally and burst a tyre. The aircraft stopped within required distances and the pilot tried to clear the runway to avoid blocking the runway. From Delta taxiway there is around 600m of concrete remaining so more than enough surface to stop. It was just an unfortunate day. Tyre bursts are fairly common and thankfully nearly all pass without any major todo.
I’ll have to go with your words but it looks to me to be speculation on that twitter post.

I’ll have to go with your words but it looks to me to be speculation on that twitter post.

There’s a difference between a hard landing and a firm landing. I suspect this was a firm landing and the tyres burst.

AAIB will be no doubt now involved alongside the Irish investigatory branch of the Irish aviation authority. No doubt we’ll know what really happened in a few months time.

There’s a difference between a hard landing and a firm landing. I suspect this was a firm landing and the tyres burst.

AAIB will be no doubt now involved alongside the Irish investigatory branch of the Irish aviation authority. No doubt we’ll know what really happened in a few months time.
I gathered it was speculation with no facts to support it at present.

Nah, aircraft burst tyres all the time. It's a none event.

Internet suggests I was Saturday only. Hopefully Jet2 rebooked their pax on KLM yesterday.
I doubt they would all fit in the KLM. In fact very few would probably get in that especially if it was the E175. If they do then Jet2 must be getting very poor loads on AMS, and KLM likewise, which seems unlikely somehow.

I doubt they would all fit in the KLM. In fact very few would probably get in that especially if it was the E175. If they do then Jet2 must be getting very poor loads on AMS, and KLM likewise, which seems unlikely somehow.
Yes, I would expect outbound loads on KL on Sunday to be high however I would hope that Jet2 could use the empty seats for passengers who couldn't wait until today.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock