Is see that both the early EI flights were cancelled yet again so thought I'd trawl through the FR24 records to gauge the performance levels on the Dublin service.

In the last ~ 40 days the EI3390 has either been cancelled or diverted 9 times! On the basis that this service also a feeds onto the EI USA routes, would anyone feel confident of booking on this service in the Autumn months if they had a connection or important business meeting?

Is see that both the early EI flights were cancelled yet again so thought I'd trawl through the FR24 records to gauge the performance levels on the Dublin service.

In the last ~ 40 days the EI3390 has either been cancelled or diverted 9 times! On the basis that this service also a feeds onto the EI USA routes, would anyone feel confident of booking on this service in the Autumn months if they had a connection or important business meeting?
Are they short of aircraft as well (as Flybe)?

Or did they cancel because the visibility wasn't great this morning? It was 250m around 0830. The equivalent of a clear day for Wizz, but I've noticed Aer Lingus tend to cancel if it's possible they will end up diverting.
Maybe there will be less diverting in the future. The Emerald pilot this morning informed the tower that they are now certified to make CAT2 approaches with 300m RVR. Howver, the RVR went above his limits but reduced again as he was being vectored for approach.

Are they short of aircraft as well (as Flybe)?
They were not short of aircraft this morning at DUB with EI-FAV presumably supposed to do the early morning run yet stayed on the ground until departing on the mid morning MAN rotation. At BHD however they are short an aircraft 4 operational out of 5 required and in the early morning rotations only 3 flights departed resulting in 3 cancellations and 2 lengthy delays across the day. So the answer to your question is yes

Could it also be that they don't have full AOL for internal flights with EI reg aircraft from BHD
Post automatically merged:

According to the dried fruit site Emerald have been issued an AOC as of today

Last edited:
Both the Aer Lingus and Ryanair from Dublin are cancelled tonight. Anyone know why? Does DUB have a fog problem?

FR24 is also showing tonight's inbound Ryanair from Malaga as cancelled but that isn't showing as such (not yet anyway) in LBA arrivals. Nor does it give an expected arrival time either.

Both the Aer Lingus and Ryanair from Dublin are cancelled tonight. Anyone know why? Does DUB have a fog problem?

FR24 is also showing tonight's inbound Ryanair from Malaga as cancelled but that isn't showing as such (not yet anyway) in LBA arrivals. Nor does it give an expected arrival time either.
And to answer my own question, yes Dublin has fog with quoted 1 hour delays to any flights operating, which probably explains the canx (the Ryanair can't afford a delay as it might end up diverted coming back due to the overnight runway repairs ).

Malaga has apparently had torrential rain all day with thunderstorms and flooding..

Last edited:
ATR-72 EI-GPO(Gemstone 1MK) diverting from Manchester, vectors for ILS 32, 0800
This is the Belfast City - Manchester flight

737/800 EI-DHH(Ryanair 62SY) diverting from Manchester, vectors for ILS 32, 0810
This is the Alicante - Manchester flight

Looks like snow is problem at Manchester quite a few aircraft holding.

Last edited:
Swissair, Aer Lingus, Loganair all diverted to Birmingham and BA went back to Heathrow
Yes as we have said before airlines will usually go where they have existing contracts. I just remember the good old days where even LBA saw the SR A310 divert in from MAN, so suppose I am being greedy. It’s good to see Emerald and FR recognise LBA exists for diverts though

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock