• Admin
Departing to the Red Sea with TUI from Edinburgh
View attachment 15618

Flights from Edinburgh to Sharm El Sheikh will take off next year as TUI reintroduce the route at Scotland’s busiest airport.

The weekly service will be part of TUI’s winter 2020 programme and will operate every Monday with the first departure on 1 November 2020. The summer service will also operate on a Monday.

Gordon Dewar, Chief Executive of Edinburgh Airport said:

“It’s great to see Sharm El Sheikh return to the destination list at Scotland’s busiest airport and provide yet more choice for our passengers, something we always look to deliver.

“Sharm El Sheikh has long been a popular destination with holidaymakers and this year-round service with TUI will offer both winter and summer sun options for people. We look forward to working with TUI to make it a success.”

TUII's Director of Aviation Planning, Karen Switzer said:

“Earlier this month TUI announced its winter 2020 and summer 2021 holiday programme which has since expanded with more destinations and added flights. We are delighted that the additional flights provide holidaymakers departing from our regional airports with even more choice when deciding where to go away. With additional flying capacity and more than 1,000 hotels already on sale for summer 2021 it gives those planning ahead the opportunity to choose the most suitable airport, destination and hotel.

“The customer is at the heart of everything we do and this additional growth to Sharm El Sheikh from Edinburgh demonstrates our continued commitment for people to discover their smile with us.”

Tui are still planning to close the EDI base in October but the good news is that 2 Winter routes have been reinstated for Winter 22/23. Innsbruck and Chambery.
Good news and not surprising, would be silly of them to drop ski flights from EDI.

I believe the base closes at the end of April as there are very few based flights for S22, a very poor offering unfortunately, yet ironically, still operating trips to CUN and MLB.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock