Hi there Ianbutty, well let's hope the review by Boris, includes further substantial investment and growth, plus second runway and terminal where it can be built and those airlines needed for passenger growth and routes.. Andyc

Hi there Ianbutty, well let's hope the review by Boris, includes further substantial investment and growth, plus second runway and terminal where it can be built and those airlines needed for passenger growth and routes.. Andyc
Hi Andy. Dspite my positiveness I don't think a second runway will happen or will be needed. Maybe a new terminal some day. What I think will happen is airlines will consider BHX a reasonable alternative to London airports after HS2 opens to gain access to London with local spin off given the growth in the city region economy. All round good times, but a long way to go.

However if they were to rename it 'Stratford Upon Avon William Shakespeare International Airport' you may entice more of our American friends to it...

full

Unfortunately the CGI for the stop at BHX makes it look like it has been designed to fit in with the Eurohub. Hopefully they can think of something imaginative to do with all those blank walls :yuck:

I think we all picked that up when the design was first released. I don't see why it can't arrive into the terminal building in a similar way that the current people mover does.

I'm also not a fan of the stop at the other end of the line which looks to dump users short of the terminus leaving a stroll under a covered walkway, not ideal in Britain's climate.

Hopefully these issues can be dealt with once the plans move onto the next stage. It's the attention to small details that could make a big difference.

0_People-mover.png

I don't see why it can't arrive into the terminal building in a similar way that the current people mover does.

Trying to be optimistic, any possible future terminal rebuild would mean closing the people mover station and rebuilding it, which would likely mean a lengthy period of bus replacements.

HS2 Explained

An interesting and informative overview of HS2 developments and implications. It goes into route planning, timetables and the positive effects including the freeing up of local lines for improved local services. The West Midlands are hard hit by currently only having 2 lines for local, freight and inter-city trains. So trains can only pass at major stations. Other major routes have 4 lines with local trains using the outer ones and inter-city trains using the inner ones.

Credit to David Frankal fro the video.

Kevin

It would be nice to Expand Birmingham Airport with HS"2 but hope it will bring new airlines and routes we need more now in midlands. Birmingham Airport management please look at parking charges and drop off we need this revised it is so costly thanks and free trolleys

Redirect the link monorail into the platforms of the interchange part of international making life as easy for passengers of the airport and railway equally, assuming this has not been dealt with already.

I have always wondered why a link with Marston Green station was never constructed within airport grounds, too obvious possibly?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock